Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

[Meta] Writing Good Feedback

“We all need people who will give us feedback. That's how we improve.” - Bill Gates
    We’ve all got great ideas on how to improve Robocraft. This is the place to put them!
    Feedback and suggestions are important, and we all want to be heard.
    To make the most out of your thread or reply, here are a few suggestions:

0. Obey the rules. Most importantly: be excellent to each other.

1. Use a good title (new threads only). Make your title interesting but informative. A good title should entice people into reading your thread by describing the topic of your thread. Please don’t make your title clickbait though – nobody wants to see that.

2. Know your audience. The devs do read the forums, but they are vastly outnumbered by Robocraft players. If you’re writing only to the devs, regular players will probably ignore you. Address your idea to players to discuss and offer their own opinion. Threads are supposed to be discussions, after all.

3. Details. Include all the information you can. You should aim to answer all of the 5 Ws: Who, What, When, Where and Why. Good feedback doesn’t just explain what to fix; it also includes why it needs to be fixed and how it can be fixed.

4. Be original. A player can only discuss rotating platforms so many times before becoming tired of the idea. We want to know your ideas, not last week’s hottest topic. Do a quick search before posting your feedback to make sure there aren’t any recent threads similar to yours. If there is a similar thread from the past week or two, add your thoughts there instead of creating a new thread.

5. Discuss, not argue. There are no enemies off of the battlefield. Instead of trying to make other people blow their gasket, you should try to blow other people’s minds. New threads and comments should try to make other players think about a problem and it’s solution.

It doesn't matter if you're opinion is right or wrong, when you get the correct answer to a question you're a winner either way.

It's better to know the right information then to go about life believing the wrong things. The reason i love to debate so much is that i want to be proven wrong. As long as i'm wrong i'm learning new things.

Take this approach and you won't feel humiliated when someone puts you in your place, you'll feel enlightened instead.

Often there is also multiple correct answers, the world is not only black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by Baerentoeter View Post
    Often there is also multiple correct answers, the world is not only black and white.
    ????

We're not talking about quantum physics! Although i guess it's all the same reality.

It's both up and down until you look at it, it's up if your down or down if your up, but it's never down up when your up down it's just strange. Most things are black and white though and the things that aren't don't have enough evidence to support. So people debate it.
    Last edited by mikelaw; 11-16-2018 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelaw View Post
    ????

We're not talking about quantum physics! Although i guess it's all the same reality.

It's both up and down until you look at it, it's up if your down or down if your up, but it's never down up when your up down it's just strange. Most things are black and white though and the things that aren't don't have enough evidence to support. So people debate it.
    However should you debate, you may find more than one answer, or even an completely different answer instead!
    Last edited by Cr0ssley; 11-16-2018 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Forgot the Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Cr0ssley View Post
    However should you debate, you may find more than one answer, or even an completely different answer instead!
    I guess it depend how you look at it.

5+3=8

4+4=8

I see 8 as the answer but i guess you can see the approach to get the result as different answers. Ultimately no matter how you do it, you're still trying to get the same result. So you can do things in many way but ultimately you're trying to reach a single conclusion. Which in this case we need the end result to be 8!

Maybe the approach can be relative but the result need be conclusive. Either way finding the right answer to something is the best thing for everyone. There's no shame in being wrong when you've managed to learn something right.

https://forums.freejamgames.com/show...e-Suggestion-9

It has good, understanding title.
    It implies an exact audience (the Devs).
    It is so detail that maybe too much.
    It is all based on the original of parts.
    It lead discussion.

But sorry it is useless in any form of impact as an messy article.

I guess it depend how you look at it.

5+3=8

4+4=8

I see 8 as the answer but i guess you can see the approach to get the result as different answers. Ultimately no matter how you do it, you're still trying to get the same result. So you can do things in many way but ultimately you're trying to reach a single conclusion. Which in this case we need the end result to be 8!

Maybe the approach can be relative but the result need be conclusive. Either way finding the right answer to something is the best thing for everyone. There's no shame in being wrong when you've managed to learn something right.
    Math is a good subject to get very binary results (right or wrong, no ambiguity), but it's not always the case;
    sqrt(1) = +1 or -1
    sqrt(-1) = i but what's an imaginary number?

Most issues aren't like math, though. For example, what's the answer to poverty? Try to think of a single solution that will solve it completely.
    If you open your idea up for discussion, you might get some suggestions/ideas that you've never thought of before. Two heads are better than one, after all.

It doesn't matter if you're opinion is right or wrong, when you get the correct answer to a question you're a winner either way.

It's better to know the right information then to go about life believing the wrong things. The reason i love to debate so much is that i want to be proven wrong. As long as i'm wrong i'm learning new things.

Take this approach and you won't feel humiliated when someone puts you in your place, you'll feel enlightened instead.
    +1 +1 +1

Quote Originally Posted by NGniusness View Post
    Instead of trying to make other people blow their gasket, you should try to blow other people’s minds.

I love this.