Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Man i wish the devs removed all the tier weapons years ago. 5 of the same weapon (to be fair it used to be worse) with a couple stat changes for each tier is useless lol, most stuff eventually just becomes obsolete (totally fine for a progression system, totally useless and a huge reason for imbalance in PvP), tiered weapons ONLY purpose is for the progression system.

If RC was a single player game there wouldn't even be a problem!

Progression is not depth in any way shape or form. You accumulate points which in turn allows you to be less handicapped. After you've unlocked everything, it's nothing more than a meaningless pissing contest.

Now if people are talking about depth from tiers as a learning curve, you can take tiers away and nothing whatsoever changes. Players still need to learn the mechanics and tiers have NEVER done anything to help players in that respect. Just make a god damned tutorial! lol

Handicapping and restricting players and then throwing them in battles where they can get seal clubbed by the advantages they don't have access too doesn't teach anyone anything. I'd say it's a much bigger reason for bad player retention. Who the fuck actually wants to play an unfair PvP game unless they either have the time or money to make unfairness swing to their own advantage!

The only thing that ever kept me interested this game were the mechanics, the simple physics and damage mechanic tied to me building my own playable character made all the depth the game ever needed. Where the game depth after you unlocked everything? 90% of players at top tier are not even good gamers or highly skilled. They spent the time, accumulated the points and reached the so called top, yet there is nothing elite about the majority of players who got there, including myself!

IMO before BA, progression always held this game back from greatness! I couldn't get friends to play because of it!
    Last edited by mikelaw; 06-10-2019 at 03:53 PM.

I'm upvoting this for the spirit of it. In effect, all the weapons marked her are already out of the high level game and are useless.

But i would be much much happier to just see a balance like the old laser balance to come back. Where even downgraded laser were usable in high level games.

You seem to not understand tiers... Why would anyone restrict themselves to just T5 or T4?

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolaboy View Post
    You seem to not understand tiers... Why would anyone restrict themselves to just T5 or T4?
    Because that's where the entire game is available to play. T1-4 is the restriction, only parts of the game available for certain players. Why would anyone want to compete in T1-3 without challenge? When you start playing this game fresh on new account in T1 you're basically only playing 1/5 of the game! It's basically a demo at that stage and you're handicapped to shit!
    Last edited by mikelaw; 06-12-2019 at 01:58 PM.

T2 is the most comfortable level to me, very similar to the classic robocraft. There are no mortars, mega guns, compact cubes...
    If I have the choice to play against all of this or leave the game, I will choose the second, in any case, my presence means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by statichargefield View Post
    Progression is a big part of RC, removing progression would not be a good idea... Its the only depth we have left...
    As much as i agree with you, there straight up isnt enough players left to HAVE progression. Tier banding seems to expand across all tiers now.
    `
    As a temporary bandaid fix there should be some kind of a handicap system to put everyone's bots on a similar level, like the leaver penalty but applied before the match actually starts.
    The few times i do play my t3 bots with no weapon upgrades are getting pitted against T5 Weapons. I stuck to that tier because it had the most remaining depth to it (read: TTK wasnt <2 seconds) but now the things that i actively tried to avoid are right there with me, with the extra advantage that the weapon progression system brought.
    `
    As much as id like to restrict the tier banding again i dont think there would be enough players in any tier to fight anything other than the broken AI... To see RC like this hurts my fucking soul man.

Quote Originally Posted by HerrVonClaussen View Post
    The few times i do play my t3 bots with no weapon upgrades are getting pitted against T5 Weapons. I stuck to that tier because it had the most remaining depth to it (read: TTK wasnt <2 seconds) but now the things that i actively tried to avoid are right there with me, with the extra advantage that the weapon progression system brought.
    I think, now only T2 can be played, T3 has already turned into T5, I played some time on T3, until I started to get into T5 battles. On T2 you can still find T4, but T5 is rare...

Thumbs up Proof that the Robocraft game has earned more A.I. players than Human players

https://i.ibb.co/5X0LnRc/20190615194644-1.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/16WkrRx/20190615194646-1.jpg

Tier 1 or Tier 2 are every time filled with A.I. players than Human players and most are so in Elimination Mode.

Less bad at filled with A.I. players is Team Death Match Mode.

And the best is Battle Arena Mode, where you rarely find A.I. players in Tier 1 or Tier 2.

That's why i came up with this idea to dismantle weapons from: Tier 0 ; Tier 1 ; Tier 2 and Tier 3.

OR

I thought of another strategy, that of creating two Tiers, but this time compressing the weapons category.

INSTEAD OF

Dismantling these categories of weapons: T0 ; T1 ; T2 and T3.

And there are only remaining T4 weapons and T5 weapons that will be in just two Tiers: Tier 1 (T4 weapons) and Tier 2 (T5 weapons) and NOT mixed Tiers.

TO BE LIKE THIS

Compressing the weapons category.

Weapons from: T0 ; T1 and T2 to be part of a single Tier.

And weapons from: T3 ; T4 and T5 to be part of another Tier.

And finally we'll still have two Tiers: Tier 1 (T0 ; T1 and T2 weapons) and Tier 2 (T3 ; T4 and T5 weapons) and NOT mixed Tiers.

Tier 1 (T0 ; T1 and T2 weapons)
    Robot Ranking = start from Zero | and ending at 6,434 (RR)

Tier 2 (T3 ; T4 and T5 weapons)
    Robot Ranking = start from 6,435 | and ending at 20,000,000 (RR)

And NOT mixed New Tier 1 with New Tier 2.

Old Tier 3 robot never be in Old Tier 2 battle (like now).

The New Tier 1 weapons will be exclusive to the New Tier 1 battle.

The New Tier 2 weapons will be exclusive to the New Tier 2 battle.

And never mixed battles.

The difference between a Tier 0 weapon and a Tier 2 weapon in the RR and the fire power of the weapon is small.

Laser Tier 0 = Robot Ranking 10 ||| Laser Tier 2 = Robot Ranking 180
    Laser Tier 0 = Damage 12,963 (Level 10) ||| Laser Tier 2 = Damage 21,668 (Level 10)

And in this way the New Tier 1 battles will be easier to be supported by the Starter Players.

The difference between a Tier 3 weapon and a Tier 5 weapon in the RR and the fire power of the weapon is huge.

Laser Tier 3 = Robot Ranking 2,200 ||| Laser Tier 5 = Robot Ranking 2,500,000
    Laser Tier 3 = Damage 25,463 (Level 10) ||| Laser Tier 5 = Damage 28,334 (Level 10)

And in this way the New Tier 2 battles will be hardened to be supported by the Starter Players, but will be easier to be supported by the Veteran Players.

In conclusion:

Eliminate the following types of weapons from the game: Tier 0 (T0) ; Tier 1 (T1) ; Tier 2 (T2) ; Tier 3 (T3).

And to remain with Tier 4 (T4) and Tier 5 (T5) weapons, which will be part of the New Tier 1 and the New Tier 2.

To have only two Tiers and fewer A.I. players.

OR

Compressing the types of weapons in this way: Tier 0 (T0) ; Tier 1 (T1) ; Tier 2 (T2) will be all in one Tier as the New Tier 1 will be called.

Compressing the types of weapons in this way: Tier 3 (T3) ; Tier 4 (T4) ; Tier 5 (T5) will be all in one Tier as the New Tier 2 will be called.

To have only two Tiers and fewer A.I. players.

Quote Originally Posted by hard1disk View Post
    The difference between a Tier 0 weapon and a Tier 2 weapon in the RR and the fire power of the weapon is small.
    Laser Tier 0 = Robot Ranking 10 ||| Laser Tier 2 = Robot Ranking 180
    Laser Tier 0 = Damage 12,963 (Level 10) ||| Laser Tier 2 = Damage 21,668 (Level 10)

And in this way the New Tier 1 battles will be easier to be supported by the Starter Players.

The difference between a Tier 3 weapon and a Tier 5 weapon in the RR and the fire power of the weapon is huge.

Laser Tier 3 = Robot Ranking 2,200 ||| Laser Tier 5 = Robot Ranking 2,500,000
    Laser Tier 3 = Damage 25,463 (Level 10) ||| Laser Tier 5 = Damage 28,334 (Level 10)
    I don't think ur words are correct... based on your stats:
    Difference between T0 and T2 is HUGE;
    and difference between T3 and T5 is small

Quote Originally Posted by statichargefield View Post
    I don't think ur words are correct... based on your stats:
    Difference between T0 and T2 is HUGE;
    and difference between T3 and T5 is small
    Exactly! And FreeJam Team mistaken mixing T1 with T2 with such HUGE difference. ^^

FJ has to recalculate this HUGE difference between T1 and T2 and make it smaller and the one between T3 and T5 to make it HUGE.