Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Why is weapon ranking?

    It increases dmg through grind. Making the difference between New and old players even larger. I have a feeling this is me beating a dead horse. But It's not really fun playing with handicaps like that. Why was it implemented?

  2. #2
    Many players agree with you, including myself...
    I'm not really sure why it was implemented that way... Maybe they were going to do much more, but ran out of time/somebody left their team/lack of funds at that moment...

  3. #3
    It's terrible and I hope it is changed in the future.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by kattekongen View Post
    It increases dmg through grind. Making the difference between New and old players even larger. I have a feeling this is me beating a dead horse. But It's not really fun playing with handicaps like that. Why was it implemented?
    Don't worry, a majority of the playerbase dislikes it's existence...

  5. #5
    Actually weapon ranking was made to balance the game, what you are talking about is the weapon upgrade, that is just plain bad

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by pedro1_3 View Post
    Actually weapon ranking was made to balance the game, what you are talking about is the weapon upgrade, that is just plain bad
    Yep, bad idea if you want new players to stay...

  7. #7
    Agree. This was FJ's answer to have some sort of "endgame content" and "something to spend robits on"... Nobody asked for it. Just another bad idea out of their own.

    Weapon upgrades COULD be fun in PvP, if the change gained isn't an obvious unfair advantage in dps. Think of a skilltree for your weapon that unlocks skins/optical effects. And how about unlocking actual weapon playstyles/handling:
    Tesla = Energy blade (Shape change)
    Laser = Semi-fire rate (Bursts. DPS stays the same but accuracy is better maintained)
    Rails = Charge beam (Hold mouse to drain energy. Longer hold > more energy consumed > more dmg. Fires upon release, or when energybar reaches 0)
    Plasma = AoE range stack (Blastradius starts smaller, and increases +15% for each plasma fired within 0,5s of another)
    Nano = Heal beam (ye, i want it back... just not full auto-aim)
    Mortar = Pulse grenade (AoE deals dmg over time, and stays active on ground for a while)
    Flak = Gravity Shell (AoE blast increases weight by 2.0x to all parts hit! Stacks weight instead of dmg)
    Etc.
    The point is you can make weapon upgrades different or even situationaly stronger, as long as averages stay the same. Rail dmg per energy stays the same, but becomes more a weapon of skill and timing. Plasma average AoE width stays the same, as it starts smaller but ends bigger. Mortar deals same damage more spread out over time (maybe deal 50% original damage on impact, and 50% spread along the course of time)

    I can see myself laying a wall of pulsing mortar shells, aim Flak on megaweps to slow people down on the ground and drop planes with the AoE, time my rail shots watching the energybar depletion for most damage, "growing" big plasma explosions with power module,... i'm dreaming here ofcourse.
    Last edited by danterzo; 05-25-2019 at 10:08 PM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by danterzo View Post
    Agree. This was FJ's answer to have some sort of "endgame content" and "something to spend robits on"... Nobody asked for it. Just another bad idea out of their own.

    Weapon upgrades COULD be fun in PvP, if the change gained isn't an obvious unfair advantage in dps. Think of a skilltree for your weapon that unlocks skins/optical effects. And how about unlocking actual weapon playstyles/handling:
    Tesla = Energy blade (Shape change)
    Laser = Semi-fire rate (Bursts. DPS stays the same but accuracy is better maintained)
    Rails = Charge beam (Hold mouse to drain energy. Longer hold > more energy consumed > more dmg. Fires upon release, or when energybar reaches 0)
    Plasma = AoE range stack (Blastradius starts smaller, and increases +15% for each plasma fired within 0,5s of another)
    Nano = Heal beam (ye, i want it back... just not full auto-aim)
    Mortar = Pulse grenade (AoE deals dmg over time, and stays active on ground for a while)
    Flak = Gravity Shell (AoE blast increases weight by 2.0x to all parts hit! Stacks weight instead of dmg)
    Etc.
    The point is you can make weapon upgrades different or even situationaly stronger, as long as averages stay the same. Rail dmg per energy stays the same, but becomes more a weapon of skill and timing. Plasma average AoE width stays the same, as it starts smaller but ends bigger. Mortar deals same damage more spread out over time (maybe deal 50% original damage on impact, and 50% spread along the course of time)

    I can see myself laying a wall of pulsing mortar shells, aim Flak on megaweps to slow people down on the ground and drop planes with the AoE, time my rail shots watching the energybar depletion for most damage, "growing" big plasma explosions with power module,... i'm dreaming here ofcourse.
    Perhaps they planned for something like that...
    I mean c'mon, they made a whole new room, designed a special robotic arm, made special efffects for it...
    Then they just left out effects for weapons?
    They must have been planning for something bigger, but perhaps something unplanned happened...
    Remember when they showed us the "leaks", that they were working on some new room? The room was already built and ready much earlier....., what they were actually working on was the weapon upgrade UI and code....

  9. #9
    Either do or don't. Some half-arsed implementations do more harm then good. It always looks like FJ copies ideas from other games, but only the very basic. They forget the features to actually make these ideas work and make it FUN.

    Weapon upgrades: Pure dps increase without change in looks or feel.
    Parties: No proper pregame lobby for randoms to compose their own team. No ingame teamspeak.
    Storymode: No story, no quests. No "guiding ai bot safely to other side" or "protect base from waves" etc. Just normal AI battles.
    Need i go on?

    I guess it's the indieness that's just not cutting it, but dear lord... you can't skip on some of these!
    Last edited by danterzo; 05-26-2019 at 11:04 AM.