Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by KlinkerBottom View Post
    "On tiers" they should never have been removed and instead condensed from 10 to 5... but that's only my opinion.
    The only thing tiers did good was the learning curve, everything else about tiers sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by kattekongen View Post
    The only thing tiers did good was the learning curve, everything else about tiers sucked.
    More like a buffer to being overwhelmed by parts, didn't actually teach anyone anything about the game. Personally i don't think it's a problem of having too much choice but a problem of having no information about how things actually work in the game. Some of us can easily figure it out, others just don't try anything that hard. The right information easily accessible helps everyone.

Basically once you get the gist of the mechanics, the buffer is completely useless and just becomes a handicap.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelaw View Post
    Does anyone remember when some people used to say "People will come back to the game if they bring tiers back"......... Where those guys at now lol? Muppets!
    I'm not sure that's how it works...
    Players did come back btw.. but then they left after seeing imbalances...

Quote Originally Posted by statichargefield View Post
    In the time of tiers we also had: big parties, big maps, lower TTK, only 1 weapon role, regulair wings, BA 1.0, etc. It's not just the imbalances (which i think are actually more or less fine), it's that the gameplay itself turned into something completely different compared to its former glory.

Quote Originally Posted by statichargefield View Post
    yep , people wanted tiers but freejam didn't understand what made tiers interesting : a progression system that gradually introduce new part from the easiest to use to the hardest and give a lot of choice to what player can build for the endgame (T10) .

And here what freejam gave us : a progression system that don't prepare player , teach nothing and where bigger gun = better . Whoa , interesting .

The old tiers system had issue (10 tiers was too much , the cube system was awful ) but it was pretty easy to fix (adapt HP value of cube to current tiers , reduce tiers to 5 and improve MM )

After all this time freejam still don't understand what made robocraft interesting ....