Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Game finally making a comeback!?!

This update (Plan Adapt Eliminate), which has introduced the Event system, unique astronomic conditions for maps on different planets, elimination mode and new(old) maps along with various other changes, seems to be the turning point of RCI!

The event system has reduced the number of AI in matches (to 0 in T5) and improved the RR selection...
    Of course players will have to learn to build dynamically for the conditions at the given time, so balance will take time..

The return of older maps have finally given us a chance to fight on large open grounds instead of the usual CQC regime... Something everyone needed to experience!

Return of elimination mode - Another lovely return of a favorite game mode by public demand! The 10 vs 10 size for this mode is a cherry on top for nostalgia!

Unique weather and phenomena for each map event:-
    Perhaps the best part of the update is the EPYC phenomena of each map with varying event conditions... Maps on different planets have different phenomena, finally adding depth to gameplay on each planet! Each planet feels unique now...
    Gravitational and atmospheric changes bring in a FUN element as well! This makes RCI much deeper and more Sci-Fi!

I think this is the biggest step that FJ have taken and its a really amazing one! the whole game feels really impressive now and for perhaps the first time have i ever heard a comment saying: "RCI is better than it ever was!"

It was an ok update feature wise... Definitely better than the past few...
    But it has it's flaws... Not too bad in my book..

Now if they could bring mega bots back into the game....
    and take mega weapons from regular bots over to them... that would be surpass beyond my wildest expectations

This is a step in the right direction, but only until the next maintenance patch takes it away.

Now, if they bring elimination back (I wouldn't mind if they removed TDM for this) then now we're talking, even if it's 5v5 elimination I would still want it over TDM.

One thing I believe they should do is for right now keep the rotating weather and conditions as apart of our current game modes: BA & TDM. Just like before, but with weather now, and if possible the bigger maps could stay too.

Then as the playerbase improves, then they should bump BA/TDM back up to 8v8. If Elimation is kept over TDM, then it should be back to 10v10 if it's was 5v5 before.

And most importantly. Mega bots need to return. For now, having the One mega bot vs all the tiny bots would be a great way to bring them back. This game mode is perfect for newer players. It's almost like a PvE mode and it would cause a lot of newer players to take interest in the game. This would also cause new and old players to be ENCORAGED to progress through the tech tree so they can build their own megabot.Most people don't have mega bots built anymore so it would be better to have to match-make for one megabot instead of two.
    Once enough players have gotten a megabot or two in their garage and the mega-population has grown, and if their data shows that there are more megas in the matchmaker, THEN, we can bring mega bot elimination back (11v11).

Energy system also needs and overhaul. I like it, but I prefer the older unique mechanics each weapon had. I know this might be a little harder to achieve with having multiple weapons on a bot, but it's possible. For example, if you have Rail SMG, should the rail auto reload when you switch to SMG, or should it remain the same. Because right now, when you fire a rail and switch to another weapon, your rail doesn't reload while you are holding the fire button for that second or third weapon.
    Last edited by MagicJellybean; 05-20-2019 at 04:50 PM.

How dare you taint this community with your positivity.

You may see this as the best update ever, but i haven't played this game for 3 weeks now. I login, i see BA -> i logout.

When i build, connection errors every 20 sec / game crash (when i switch from chat back to building) -> Ctrl+alt+del.

I would LIKE to play this game, as i have been SINCE 2014. This is the very first downgrade that got me to stop playing.

i ve never played rc so rare since the last update... most of the time i came online and look which mode is currently open and then go offline again cuz i dont like the current one... they should maybe set the rotation thing to 30 minutes...

with shorter cicles ppl would not leave, they would maybe build on their bots arround until the next match cicle starts... just sayin...
    Last edited by Wauzirex; 05-21-2019 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wauzirex View Post
    maybe set the rotation thing to 30 minutes...
    yes, or better yet 10-15 min.

I was playing elimination yesterday and was having a great time with the larger teams. Then it switched to BA and I stopped, edited an old bot a bit. played 1 game which was ok but not as exhilarating as the elimination and then turned RC off.

Quote Originally Posted by danterzo View Post
    You may see this as the best update ever, but i haven't played this game for 3 weeks now. I login, i see BA -> i logout.

When i build, connection errors every 20 sec / game crash (when i switch from chat back to building) -> Ctrl+alt+del.

I would LIKE to play this game, as i have been SINCE 2014. This is the very first downgrade that got me to stop playing.
    I would suggest Custom games if you have friends or are willing to make some new ones...
    But really, this attitude is not gonna help RCI, i mean, sure you have the right to share your opinion and i'm not gonna stop you, but c'mon... FJ can't do everything to make everyone happy at the same time... there are trade-offs for which I know you would complain if Fj replaced the event system with something else...
    And yes i agree about the server errors and bugs, those need to be fixed without any excuse....

Quote Originally Posted by Wauzirex View Post
    i ve never played rc so rare since the last update... most of the time i came online and look which mode is currently open and then go offline again cuz i dont like the current one... they should maybe set the rotation thing to 30 minutes...

with shorter cicles ppl would not leave, they would maybe build on their bots arround until the next match cicle starts... just sayin...
    Will i guess you could try Custom games with friends or make some new ones and invite them....
    About Shorter rotation time:
    Pros:
    -Less wait time for a new mode to pop up so u don't have to wait for too long not playing a mode u don't like;
    Cons:
    -Less time to build a bot suited for the mode currently going on;
    -Chances are that the next event may be the same mode on a different planet or such, i.e another mode u don't like....