Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More T5 Ground Based Observations...

1:Plasma is still frikin OP: I thought after a lot of improvements, my bot would be more plasma resistant. The truth: it is to some extent. But balance wise.. Its way too OP against pure ground. Its because of 3 main reasons (i)Explosions: if plasma is supposed to be a weapon of risk, then it should be 100% risk.. Why give plasma splash damage and that too bug it so that it deals the full amount for just clipping the edge of a bot? Just get rid of the explosions and force players to actually aim at the target. 1.2M Hp is a huge amount in 1 second.
    (ii)Insane Energy efficient: A real problem is that plasma recharges waaaayy too quickly... Not just that, but plasma can fire without energy bar being full... Its energy efficiency is more than lasers. If players are supposed to risk something then let them actually risk having no shots to fire.. There is no risk with current plasma at all. The whole 'risk' factor is an illusion when used by something that's very agile...
    (iii)Plasma's deguning power and Health: Plasma is stupidly effective at deguning any weapon from a ground bot... Be it Flak or Chain or be it Mlaser.. Since weapons have the same health regardless of which bot they are placed on, plasma can easily take advantage of the low HP and large hitbox of T5 weapons and degun them in a single volley... Meanwhile Plasma has stupidly high amount of health and its physical dimensions make it smaller than chain, flak and its 'shorter' than laser, making it extremely difficult to degun...
    Plasma is an absolute CREATIVITY KILLER... U extremise in either health or speed, or u really won't survive this weapon on the ground...

2:Compact Cubes: i don't know why FJ haven't already abolished this cancerous piece of shit... Giving them incredible HP wasn't enough, but making them weigh 50 times less than a heavy cube is outright BS... The High CPU cost seems to be the only trade-off but then, this is just an illusion as it ends up on builds that are designed to be tiny... This is just a Meta-Makers dream tool.. Every Meta has made extensive use of this cube because of the agility and small form factor that it provides along with the resistivity found on only heavy cubes...

3:T5 EP shields: Another piece of shit that FJ hadn't really tested.. These large shields were made specifically for large cantankerous Mega-Bots... not tiny zigzagging sprinter hybrids and aircraft.. Their stupidly large health to weight ratio is the breaking point on the balance line... A single piece having huge health means its extremely hard to destroy parts behind it... EP shields don't even drain energy from the energy bar as any form of a trade-off... I wish these shields were limited to grounnd only, but in T5, u can see aircraft with 4 130CPu T5 EP shields flying around along with a T5 Chaingun...Again, the HP/CPU ratio card is being pulled, but it doesn't mean jack shit to a build that uses them for flying, or on Extremely agile Hybrid sprinters... Flak doesn't do shit to these large shields unless its fully stacked, hugely benefiting hit-and-run...

4:Mortar is not what its being used for: All updates to mortar that ever came to it after its release were all trying to prevent it from doing 1 thing - Using it as a close range weapon... Yet every main Mortar bot is trying to do just that... All are designed to keep the mortar as close to the ground as possible in the hopes of them hitting the enemy at CQC... and the tight maps with walls all around really don't help improve the balance with mortars exploding on vertical surfaces close range... If players are trying so hard to make the mortar a CQC weapon, then Fj may as well remove their fixed orientation and make huge damage and explosion nerfs and be done with it...

5:Sprinter Hybrids: Ahh the current Meta bots... They make full use of 3 unbalances posted in this post. Plasma is their main, meant to simply reduce any ground resistance to a weaponless cube-soup; Make extensive use of T5 compact cube chasis hull for extremely light weight, giving them extreme agility thanks to F=MA, and extreme resistivity to damage, allowing them to function without breaking apart; They place T5 shields around the front of their bot, which also covers the side and underbelly, making incoming flak and laser shots only scratch them... Sprinter legs provide an OP amount of stability and nifty-ness at high speeds, allowing them to get full accuracy with rail/laser in a fraction of a second by stopping instantly...

6:Tanky aircraft: Perhaps the worst part of balance in this game is how FJ chooses to balance aircraft... Not only did they give aircraft an unfair damage advantage in the form of plasma, but are also giving them every form of alternative 'heavy' duty health/protection... Light cubes are almost never used on aircraft, Compact cubes and T5 shields are what are used over and over again, that its gotten to a point where aircraft can carry 4 T5 shields, a T5 Chaingun and still have enough CPU left to fit in a T4 propeller along with a row or 2 of thrusters... I never saw how aircraft are supposed to be "Balanced" when they are both fast and deal high damage. Now its even worse when they can retain their speed and damage and also be Tank af...

1.) get gud
    2.) get GUD
    3.) Get Gud
    4.) Get GUD
    5.) Get more gud
    6. GET GUD SON
    luls jk

+1
    Would be nice if mortar got an aim assist (arc line) at the cost of a much smaller explosion radius. Mortar is too hard to aim with these janky camera angles at longer ranges which only encourages people to use it at closer ranges to more easily hit their target, and having a simple arc pattern being displayed when the mortar is active, even if it disappears at the apex, would help to see exactly where the bullet will curve. Would make it easier to use at it's proper mid range and the smaller AoE would just mean you have to aim for skillfully and can't use it to get an AoE hit off a wall when at closer ranges unless they were right on it

I like mortar and tried to play it as intended, by supporting teammates, but the camera angle doesn't match with the degree display and after 55-60 degrees, it's very sensitive and usually jumps by 4-5 degrees at the slightest vertical movement. And by the time I get to 80 degrees max angle, I'm really only pointing my robots camera about 50 degrees up so it makes no difference if I look all the way up
    Last edited by MagicJellybean; 05-15-2019 at 05:15 PM.

5:Sprinter Hybrids: Ahh the current Meta bots...
    Sprinters are not even good in the current climate... In fact I expect them to get a buff this next patch... Along with rudders...

Perhaps if ion was good it could be used with sprinters, we need to buff ion...

And buff wheels and tank tracks and skis... You can buff skis by making bridges without indents in them...

Light cubes need a buff... I want to see what light cubes are like with decent health...

For this next update we need to have a weather testing test mode and maybe have weather affects and options in custom games...

Also the servers have been acting up lately... They need fixed...
    Last edited by TheReD40; 05-15-2019 at 06:06 PM.

Sprinters are not even good in the current climate... In fact I expect them to get a buff this next patch... Along with rudders...
    Sprinters are actually balanced when using 4 legs (the popular gazelle) but then you have to use medium instead of compact cubes because it's too much to block up. I've been in plenty games where a gazelle was dominating a team.

I do find two legged sprinters to be a little unreliable because the legs are too fragile a t5 sprinter leg would be all we really need though. It doesn't need to be any taller, but having another leg variant with more health and more connection points would be nice.
    T4 sprinter legs currently used in t4 matches are balanced, but unless I am using a gazelle, I find the lackluster for t5 matches.
    Need t5 sprinters!
    Last edited by MagicJellybean; 05-15-2019 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReD40 View Post

And buff wheels and tank tracks and skis... You can buff skis by making bridges without indents in them...

Light cubes need a buff... I want to see what light cubes are like with decent health...

For this next update we need to have a weather testing test mode and maybe have weather affects and options in custom games...

I'm talking about the sprinter hybrids that use rotors on the back... Sprinters on their own are fine...

Ion is very well balanced.. it requires no buff of any sort... I don't see which angle it requires a buff from... They can tear a tank to shreds really quickly, but unlike plasma, they are short ranged and have a much lower DPS...
    I agree, but wheels DO NOT NEED extra health... As far as my observations go, all wheels actually need is extra speed and agility along with a rebalance on carry-mass per tier... Its plasma that needs a complete rework, at least get rid of its explosions. Tank tracks, well the only buff they need is an increased turn speed... Believe me Tanks Tracks as a movement part are perfect! The problem with the game is that all weapons have the same health regardless of which build they are placed on, so weapons placed on slow moving tanks have the same health as the one placed on a Thrusterjet... its only logical that weapons on the tank are most likely to be destroyed more easily: this is why i wanted the weight based Hp adjuster... Skis... lols ok buff em...
    Light cubes are fine... FJ needs to reduce the carry mass of aircraft completely, and increase their top speed BY A LOT... Buffing light cubes won't make any difference bcoz everyone knows that compact-cubes offer more health and smaller size for about the same amount of CPU... Reducing carry mass of aircraft by a huge amount and increasing Top-speed would allow players to focus more on flying and less on tanking hits.. So not only will aircraft stop using CX cubes/EP plates etc, they will also stop placing rows of wings over each other...
    Agreed.
    Agreed BIG TIME..

Quote Originally Posted by MagicJellybean View Post
    1.) get gud
    2.) get GUD
    3.) Get Gud
    4.) Get GUD
    5.) Get more gud
    6. GET GUD SON
    luls jk

+1
    Would be nice if mortar got an aim assist (arc line) at the cost of a much smaller explosion radius. Mortar is too hard to aim with these janky camera angles at longer ranges which only encourages people to use it at closer ranges to more easily hit their target, and having a simple arc pattern being displayed when the mortar is active, even if it disappears at the apex, would help to see exactly where the bullet will curve. Would make it easier to use at it's proper mid range and the smaller AoE would just mean you have to aim for skillfully and can't use it to get an AoE hit off a wall when at closer ranges unless they were right on it

I like mortar and tried to play it as intended, by supporting teammates, but the camera angle doesn't match with the degree display and after 55-60 degrees, it's very sensitive and usually jumps by 4-5 degrees at the slightest vertical movement. And by the time I get to 80 degrees max angle, I'm really only pointing my robots camera about 50 degrees up so it makes no difference if I look all the way up
    Now THAT is how u balance mortar!

As far as my observations go, all wheels actually need is extra speed and agility along with a rebalance on carry-mass per tier
    Wheels cant even get to top speed as is... Wheels need better acceleration as the maps are too tiny... And yes wheels do need more health... 1800/cpu is the minimum rather than being around 1600/CPU ish like they are now... Just for reference here you you would lose 300,000 health per mega wheel if that were the case... Rather than using tank tracks... Since you use 4 mega wheels usually you lose out on 1.2 million health which I would think is a fair trade...

Light cubes are fine... FJ needs to reduce the carry mass of aircraft completely, and increase their top speed BY A LOT... Buffing light cubes won't make any difference bcoz everyone knows that compact-cubes offer more health and smaller size for about the same amount of CPU...
    I use medium cubes on my planes and they work great...

Now imagine light cubes with more health than compact... The bigger hitbox being the trade-off here...

Ion is very well balanced.. it requires no buff of any sort... I don't see which angle it requires a buff from... They can tear a tank to shreds really quickly, but unlike plasma, they are short ranged and have a much lower DPS...
    Ion feels bad when mortar and plasma exist...

ION feels bad with chaingun existing lol
    I saw this one guy named "chicken-head" using a plane with ion and ghost mod. Probably it's strongest iteration as you have the best speed, stealth and you can hit any target you want. I legitimately was always on my toes as a healer when I saw he was using that build on the red team. Other than that, ion on ground is super situational.

Wheels cant even get to top speed as is... Wheels need better acceleration as the maps are too tiny... And yes wheels do need more health... 1800/cpu is the minimum rather than being around 1600/CPU ish like they are now... Just for reference here you you would lose 300,000 health per mega wheel if that were the case... Rather than using tank tracks... Since you use 4 mega wheels usually you lose out on 1.2 million health which I would think is a fair trade...
    Making wheels stronger no doubt would make them useful, but then they'd be stepping on tank track territory... Cars shouldn't be damage tankers, they should be for capturing points and for quick responses to enemy activity...Giving wheels the extra agility and and top-speed should be fair... look at the way X-out balances wheels, they make them fast and agile, but not unpredictable... If anything, its plasma that needs its explosions nerfed or better removed...

I use medium cubes on my planes and they work great...
    Now imagine light cubes with more health than compact... The bigger hitbox being the trade-off here...
    Bigger hitbox? light cubes more hp than compact which already have more Hp than heavy cubes?... I don't see the logic in this.. 1 thing for sure, if RCI is to improve, then tanky & fast(at the same time) aircraft must DIE.... So aircraft is either fast, or either tanky, but not both..

True, but that's because of how the game is with metas and full agile builds.. VS say a normal Tank or Mech, Ions shine!
    Last edited by statichargefield; 05-17-2019 at 08:28 AM.