Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    @Roqu3

It was mentioned 1 time in the title, but okay you may disregard my points for no reason if you wish. On the other hand if you were joking then i don't think vets have egos like you might imagine... Vets simply have seen and experienced all of RCs history and therefore have a greater understanding than newer players. Experiencing old RC is a gameplay experience that i have never had since and probably will never again, that's why we fight for it to come back. We loved RC as a unique experience - it has since lost alot of what truly made it special. Enough for most of the playerbase to vanish but not enough for there to be no hope at all. In fact i believe with the current trend in updates that the game will become great again if they take the bigger steps and not just the smaller ones. Making sure they explain themselves and allow the community to vote would probably be good ideas aswell before making big reverts.
    Last edited by Chocolaboy; 05-22-2019 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ARTGUK View Post
    I read all the above and can’t understand: I’m probably playing another game I like everything except some bugs and collision physics
    What is it that you can't understand exactly? But yes today's RC is very different game... Especially T5... SMH.

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolaboy View Post
    What is it that you can't understand exactly? But yes today's RC is very different game... Especially T5... SMH.

I play on t5 and I don’t see any problems that have been said about so much. 8|

I play on t5 and I don’t see any problems that have been said about so much. 8|
    Ah, T5 is a mix of TX-1 and T10 content as we knew it back in the day. However this doesn't really bode well for the ttk which ends up being very high. A high ttk means your bots do not come apart slowly so that you may understand how to improve it, they are torn apart so fast you cannot see what's going on. Also the Mega weapons which were designed originally for 7K robots are now repurposed for 2K ones... One of the changes is the nominal count from 2 to 1. This means that as someone destroys you your firefrate does not decrease like all other weaponry. So you could be left with just a mega weapon and still have full firefrate - get the kill and auto heal... The huge guns also make building too simplified as you only need to have 1 surface to mount instead of many different ones staggered in height for gun clearance... Though someone might need to check with me if the 'inteligent weapons' change made it so that a single gun can fire at the rate of 4 as long as the weapons are on the bot? That is not great imo either.

Ah, T5 is a mix of TX-1 and T10 content as we knew it back in the day. However this doesn't really bode well for the ttk which ends up being very high. A high ttk means your bots do not come apart slowly so that you may understand how to improve it, they are torn apart so fast you cannot see what's going on. Also the Mega weapons which were designed originally for 7K robots are now repurposed for 2K ones... One of the changes is the nominal count from 2 to 1. This means that as someone destroys you your firefrate does not decrease like all other weaponry. So you could be left with just a mega weapon and still have full firefrate - get the kill and auto heal... The huge guns also make building too simplified as you only need to have 1 surface to mount instead of many different ones staggered in height for gun clearance... Though someone might need to check with me if the 'inteligent weapons' change made it so that a single gun can fire at the rate of 4 as long as the weapons are on the bot? That is not great imo either.
    1) I initially know where my robots have weak points and for me it doesn’t matter whether it is quickly destroyed or slow. I do not understand how you can design a robot and not know that it will break off in the first place.
    2) 4 overpowered T4 weapons as fast as they break a robot, just like a Mega overclocked weapon.
    3) Mega weapons have been degraded by damage and are not equivalent to the old Mega weapons.
    4) Yes, one Mega weapon replaces 4 T4 weapons, however its dimensions are not worth even taking into account its strength. It is easy to get into it and break it.
    5) The maximum amount you can put two Mega weapons and at the same time half of the available CPUs will be lost. Such robots are very easy to break.
    6) Two Mega weapons do not increase the rate of fire. This dogma applies to miniguns. Weapons shoot alternately with a reduced rate of fire
    7) One surface for mounting weapons is not worth. It is easier to break such robots by repulsing footholds.

I do not know why you believe in the invincibility of Mega weapons. For some reason in battles, I am convinced every time that 6 SMGs or Plasmas spaced apart are much more efficient than cardboard Mega carriers.

U are missing the main balance point of mega weapons: They are much easier to degun because of low health/CPU... They have an absurdly high price in CPU for a small increase in damage, meaning that the player can spend less on armor and movement parts, something that T4 bots can have plenty of... Also T4 bots can place much more guns for the same amount of CPU. At most 30CPU is the cost for a regular T4 weapon(not including PSK, mini flak,chain or ion), so u can place like 6 of them for 180 CPU, or 10 of them for 300 CPU... U need at least 4 guns for max firerate, meaning that the enemy has to focus on destroying 3-7 weapons to reduce firerate below nominal count.

And what's harder? Focus firing on a single large gun, or trying to focus fire on 3-7 guns? The problem with T4 bots is that players only place 4 guns on the bot and expect them to not get shot off...

1) I initially know where my robots have weak points and for me it doesn’t matter whether it is quickly destroyed or slow. I do not understand how you can design a robot and not know that it will break off in the first place.
    2) 4 overpowered T4 weapons as fast as they break a robot, just like a Mega overclocked weapon.
    3) Mega weapons have been degraded by damage and are not equivalent to the old Mega weapons.
    4) Yes, one Mega weapon replaces 4 T4 weapons, however its dimensions are not worth even taking into account its strength. It is easy to get into it and break it.
    5) The maximum amount you can put two Mega weapons and at the same time half of the available CPUs will be lost. Such robots are very easy to break.
    6) Two Mega weapons do not increase the rate of fire. This dogma applies to miniguns. Weapons shoot alternately with a reduced rate of fire
    7) One surface for mounting weapons is not worth. It is easier to break such robots by repulsing footholds.

I do not know why you believe in the invincibility of Mega weapons. For some reason in battles, I am convinced every time that 6 SMGs or Plasmas spaced apart are much more efficient than cardboard Mega carriers.
    I agree with all your points... Most players do not think of slow moving tanks that have only a single mega weapon on them.. They get degunned so easily...

Static and ARTGUK then please explain to us why every meta plane on T5 uses mega plasma and not several T4 plasma guns?
    How come every meta bot in the last 2 years apart from a few drones - used mega weapons?

Plus its not a secret, FJ intended for T5 to be mega-weapons oriented because in their "vision" somehow turning the game from lego-crafting to duplo crafting is more fun...
    The goal itself of mega weapons becoming the default main-guns for T5 was to lure more casuals in, somehow magically hoping the veterans will be like ah this is fine.

Why do mega weapons on regular bot make the game extremely casual? because it :
    1)removes smart gun location if you only need to place 1 - or top 2 guns it's not that hard... every monkey can build something put a gun on it and perform at least fine, try a bit harder and you got an easy meta bot. That's without even mentioning the CRF.

2)Look at how mega weapons behave - do they behave like giant cannons? No. they can rotate extremely fast just like regular guns can , they can be mounted on ANY bot type in the game and still move
    from point A to B without consequences of weight. In other words you combine the agility and speed of an interceptor plane, with the power of a dreadnought. If mega weapons at least acted like giant cannons, that would've made a huge different in the air meta today, and would generally make the game more interesting...
    So i could agree with you static that balance wise it's mega weapons's weight that's the main problem about them, but that's exactly part of the childish robocraft approach that FJ took. mega weapons shouldn't have been a viable choice for air bots. if they had a 7-10 TONS weight and slower turning speed.
    That is why mega weapons CANNOT be the only weapon in T5... That's why having mega weapons from the first place on regular bots is a tough thing to balance and FJ didn't even bother to try and properly balance their aspect of weight and realism.
    EVEN if you gave heavy cubes 3500-4000 HP - meaning a proper tank would end up with like 6M HP - they would STILL suck pretty bad against a meta plane/meta copter with mega weapon on.

3)fire rate - they never loose fire rate until the moment they're completely gone, unlike the T4 bot example. a T4 bot at 50% is likely barely shooting now while a megaweapon bot is probably still producing almost the same amount of DPS it did at 100%

4)makes TTK extremely fast, with mega plasma just spraying its might in 3 seconds any ground bot no matter if it has triforcing, shields or 4M HP, unless the bot will dodge it will almost die.
    Granted this point is true for any plasma - since no plasma behaves like the old R/C plasma with a recharge time, but it's still most noticeable when you're looking at mega plasma since it has more damage, and as i mentioned it never looses fire power until it's destroyed, therefor it will shoot at a ground bot with relative ease and will take it down quick enough before it can usually react.

Do i really have to state the obvious here that they tried to cater to children and extreme casuals? WHY do you think the game was doing so good back and is almost dead now? coincidence? I know new games always have more players at the start then years down the road, but if it wasn't for all their bad decisions the game could've had thousands of players right now if not more.
    Last edited by MUZIMUZI; 05-23-2019 at 09:19 AM.

MUZIMUZ. I am pleased to explain.
    1) The most senior Meta it was a drone on small accelerators and with SMG Т4
    2) Pseudo Meta with Mega SMG or Mega Plasma are no different in their effectiveness from robots with T4 weapons. Their lego to destroy 1 on 1. The problem was not in the Mega Weapon, but in the tremendous acceleration and speed of change of direction due to the backward helicopter rotors.
    3) Why was it built with Mega weapons? Well, because building a box with three helicopter propellers is much easier. In this case, in fact, the effectiveness is the same, if it was a box with a bunch of small SMG. Just a stupid tribute to fashion, which appeared as a result of the fact that a certain group of players using the curvature of the mechanics of the rotors became effective and being in the group became the model of imitation among the random.
    4) The shape of Cuba is easier to book from 3 sides, therefore, they put Mega Arms on top and three helicopter propellers behind them. That's the whole reason. There is no gain in efficiency compared to the four T4 weapons of the Mega Weapon. All the salt in the design. The cube is perfect
    5) Each weapon in the game shoots in turn. In the presence of two such as Mega SMG, each of them makes a shot. Each on the principle of 1-2. In this case, the speed of the shot of each of the two Mega Weapons drops to such a level that the rate of fire of two Mega SMGs is equal to the rate of fire of one Mega SMG. Energy consumption also does not occur. In case of loss of one of the two Mega SMGs, the rate of fire returns to normal. Thus, the second Mega Weapon is put only for the sake of "spare". On weapons T4 and below, this is done in a similar way due to the installation of not four, but six identical guns. Statichargefil also mentioned this by the way.
    6) The whole problem of players who do not use Mega Weapons is that they do not know how to build robots. Yes, the overwhelming majority of the players, if they are not only beauty robots created, are not able to locate more than one weapon on the robot so that when shooting the weapon they do not block the view from each other. Going into battle in 2019 and looking at the Allied robots with T4 weapons, I want to cry. When they shoot, their guns often shoot guns in front of other guns. Naturally, the enemy with such idiocy shoots not four or six guns, but only two or three. I think that it would not be bad to introduce damage from your own weapon into Robocraft. Can then begin to think about how to properly dispose of weapons.
    Last edited by ARTGUK; 05-23-2019 at 10:26 AM.

So what bot are YOU using when you play t5? Spare me the bullshit we both know youre using some sort of a flyer with mega weapon on it.
    Tell you what lets make an experiment - do a 1v1 with my T4 mech, use your meta copter or meta plane or what not with mega weapon.
    Then we do another game where you build and use YOUR BEST TIER FOUR copter/plane/whatever
    I'm pretty sure i can tie or even win against you with my mech versus your T4 bot, but will probably loose against your T5 bot. that will once and for all prove my point...
    And trust me i know how to build, i have the best T4 ground mechin the game that i have seen in years