Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by catnium View Post
    it's a useless e-penis meter
    so 13 year old boys can compare who waste more of their lives grinding green dust in a dieng game
    Yea leader boards are a joke, how could FreeJam fuck up something so simple. No one cares how much other people are playing the game it's completely irrelevant to anything useful to know about any player. It's not even useful to see what other people play as weapons because it's a unlock thing, you're gonna grind all the weapons to max if you don't want to be at a disadvantage.

Is there any actual game developers at FreeJam?

Actually I wouldn't mind knowing how much players have been playing the game.

Such should be 'one' way to sort leader-boards.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelaw View Post
    Yea leader boards are a joke, how could FreeJam fuck up something so simple. No one cares how much other people are playing the game it's completely irrelevant to anything useful to know about any player. It's not even useful to see what other people play as weapons because it's a unlock thing, you're gonna grind all the weapons to max if you don't want to be at a disadvantage.

Is there any actual game developers at FreeJam?
    It's the opposite, as in starcraft 2 and other games probably, it allows to analyze if such a weapon is more used than others, and therefore to know what the meta is heading. a tracker on poker, it serves to know if a player is aggressive, or more defensive. In short be that for you it will not serve you, but it is useful data.crying on everything, by jealousy as usual, it's amazing

Quote Originally Posted by DJTOYS View Post
    what is the connection? you can play whatever you want in the tier you want. yes the rail is strong, the plasma even more, and yet I do not play his weapons, it's not for sure that I cry freejam so that it nerf. So again if we listen to you, do not have a drone, no hover msmg shoot gun, now no more copter, vith plasma, no rail ... So it remains the psk artbot? Some serious guys
    What would be serious is that freejam team use it's brain and remove camera tilt , the whole drone and copter problem come from it , everyone know this , everyone said that camera tilt was too much AND freejam don't give a shit and give us ridiculous balance patch . You can try to balance as much as you want , with camera tilt it won't work .
    And now we have these stupid weapon lvl , an atrocious MM , A shit physic , a bad tiers system , it's like everything they do end up being bad and that's a problem with them , not with what players ask .
    Tiers is the best exemple , we had pretty much two possibility here :

1): 3 tiers:
    Cpu limit for each tier (1000 -1500 -2000)
    lot's of variety in each tier with burst and sustain weapon (we can have two different smg / railgun / plasma in each tiers , one nano for each tiers , overall the weapon fit quite nicely )
    MM isn't split that much with 3 tiers

2): 5 tiers:
    cpu limit for each tier (750-1000-1250-1500-2000)or (1000-1250-1500-1750-2000)
    Weapon type added at each tiers to have an interesting learning curve and maximum diversity at T5 with a choice between two weapon for smg plasma and railgun
    Bad MM without a huge number of player .

You see once you take a step back and look at your option , you can already see that the 3 tiers option is really nice .

What do we have ?:
    -5 tiers
    -No cpu limit allowing ridiculous exploit of the system
    -No diversity with T0 weapons being useless , you just follow the simple rule of "big gun = more power "
    -Garbage MM

Here we go , players ask something , freejam do it poorly , player are unsatisfied , that's always the same thing with freejam

And that's just tiers cause we can add a lot of thing but i won't lose my time anymore but FFS WHO ASKED FOR A BUFF OF ROTOR? Answer : nobody , they came up with it alone lol

It's the opposite, as in starcraft 2 and other games probably, it allows to analyze if such a weapon is more used than others, and therefore to know what the meta is heading. a tracker on poker, it serves to know if a player is aggressive, or more defensive. In short be that for you it will not serve you, but it is useful data.crying on everything, by jealousy as usual, it's amazing
    So basically what you're really saying is that it tracks which weapons are most OP, and by simply checking the leader board for most used weapon you can avoid the spreadsheets and trial error of finding what's most OP.

It shows nothing of what you describe, since the power of weapons is something that needs to be unlocked so people are going to be playing all the weapons anyway to avoid any of their weapons being at a disadvantage to others. You can talk shit and assign some made up uses for it but it doesn't make it so. It's nothing more than an e-penis meter as mentioned earlier, that shows who plays the game the most but gives no indication of skill, ability or how they work with others.

Essentially it's totally useless and once that points gap grows large enough no new player could ever reach the top regardless of how good they are!

This game has become a total joke, the dev team have always been a little bit of a joke but the real joke is on the community. The potential of a game like this as a PvP has already been lost to dumb ideas and backwards thinking about what competition really is and the best way to structure it. FreeJam have failed over and over and over again, the simple matter of fact is that they are still trying to make a PvP game work as a PvE or a PvE game work as a PvP and after 5 years still haven't figured it out yet.
    Last edited by mikelaw; 03-14-2019 at 10:09 AM.

Yes when I talk about weapons, if you follow the stats of a random player... it will not teach you anything. I would have prefered that the leaderboard give for example the number of destroyed cube and heal since the beginning of my account, or that kind of thing.But, I'm not 1st in the standings, you either, so why be jealous of a ranking, which shows the players who farm the most? If I look at the ranking of the clans, is the clan number 1 really the strongest clan? No doubt, but it gives information, it's free, I do not see why you're trying to make stories like every message!

Yes when I talk about weapons, if you follow the stats of a random player... it will not teach you anything. I would have prefered that the leaderboard give for example the number of destroyed cube and heal since the beginning of my account, or that kind of thing.But, I'm not 1st in the standings, you either, so why be jealous of a ranking, which shows the players who farm the most? If I look at the ranking of the clans, is the clan number 1 really the strongest clan? No doubt, but it gives information, it's free, I do not see why you're trying to make stories like every message!
    Lol there's nothing to be jealous of even if i was the jealous type. The leader board indicates nothing more than who spends the most time playing, that's not a feat remotely worth being jealous about, also it makes the leader board completely useless for any new player to the game going against players that have already accumulated enough points that it's impossible to catch up too unless the players with the most points stops playing the game. It's a completely useless feature as i should have expected FreeJam to turn something that should have been useful into something completely useless. It's the FreeJam way!
    Last edited by mikelaw; 03-14-2019 at 10:46 AM.

what is the connection? you can play whatever you want in the tier you want. yes the rail is strong, the plasma even more, and yet I do not play his weapons, it's not for sure that I cry freejam so that it nerf. So again if we listen to you, do not have a drone, no hover msmg shoot gun, now no more copter, vith plasma, no rail ... So it remains the psk artbot? Some serious guys
    Psk has never been more than an item to sell for me. I have no issue with drones or whatever the meta has been over the years. Sure I used to play artbots but if built well you could actually compete. But if you think pitting lower tiers against higher upgraded weapons or one movement having far greater agility during a period where tanking is not possible is even remotely balanced you need to work on logic skills.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaferret View Post
    Psk has never been more than an item to sell for me. I have no issue with drones or whatever the meta has been over the years. Sure I used to play artbots but if built well you could actually compete. But if you think pitting lower tiers against higher upgraded weapons or one movement having far greater agility during a period where tanking is not possible is even remotely balanced you need to work on logic skills.
    Actually it 'can' be balanced...

And there are multiple avenues toward balance:

1 - Team-based balance. If both teams have a total of 15 Bot Tiers then the following scenarios should be considered fair game (all other factors being equal):

T3,T3,T3,T3,T3, v
    T5,T4,T3,T2,T1, v
    T5,T5,T3,T1,T1

Yes lower tier bots will be more vulnerable than higher tier bots - but in a team game that can still work.

And its not just tiers.

A couple of days ago I had the pleasure of playing a game where 5 randoms with a few more team bot tier levels than the opposition faced a 3-player party (and randoms) with higher overall weapon upgrades.

We won that match by 1%. Literally 1% health.

/\/\/\

2 - Another way to go about it is to mildly buff or debuff weapon damage for players based on deviation from average tier level.

thus in a:

T3,T3,T3,T3,T3, v
    T5,T4,T3,T2,T1, v
    T5,T5,T3,T1,T1

... Taking T3 as average tier, any under/overtiered bots could take on a 7.5% de/buff per tier deviated respectively.

Similar could be done to sort out weapon upgrade deviations.

That's another way of attempting balance.

So there 'are' options.

Quote Originally Posted by Avestron View Post
    Actually it 'can' be balanced...

And there are multiple avenues toward balance:

1 - Team-based balance. If both teams have a total of 15 Bot Tiers then the following scenarios should be considered fair game (all other factors being equal):

T3,T3,T3,T3,T3, v
    T5,T4,T3,T2,T1, v
    T5,T5,T3,T1,T1

Yes lower tier bots will be more vulnerable than higher tier bots - but in a team game that can still work.

And its not just tiers.

A couple of days ago I had the pleasure of playing a game where 5 randoms with a few more team bot tier levels than the opposition faced a 3-player party (and randoms) with higher overall weapon upgrades.

We won that match by 1%. Literally 1% health.

/\/\/\

2 - Another way to go about it is to mildly buff or debuff weapon damage for players based on deviation from average tier level.

thus in a:

T3,T3,T3,T3,T3, v
    T5,T4,T3,T2,T1, v
    T5,T5,T3,T1,T1

... Taking T3 as average tier, any under/overtiered bots could take on a 7.5% de/buff per tier deviated respectively.

Similar could be done to sort out weapon upgrade deviations.

That's another way of attempting balance.

So there 'are' options.
    Ok, sure. You guys have fun with that. I'm going to go play a fair game o/