Lightbulb Balancing Act

T4-T5 seeker
    -Return their old lock on range
    -Nerf damage by 20%
    Missiles feel like a close range weapon now, I propose to bring their longer range back but heavily nerf their damage.

Plasmas
    -Nerf damage by 5%
    Plasma damage is still quite high and causes them to outperform ions as the primary close range weapon.

Ions
    -Buff damage by 5%
    To get them out of plasmas shadow.

Chain
    -Increase fire rate from 12 per second to 16 per second
    Chain still feels quite weak compared to lasers, this would also make them feel more like a chain gun.

Insect legs
    -Buff grip
    -Buff carry capacity
    Insect legs are currently quite bad due to their low grip and carry capacity, and increase in these stats would make them more able to climb inclines.

Heavy cubes
    -Increase health to 2000
    As soon as F=ma comes out heavy cubes will be really bad due to their high weight, a health increase will give them a decent buff while still making them feel heavy.
    Last edited by Spectryotic; 02-11-2019 at 05:15 PM.

T4-T5 seeker
    -Nerf damage by 20%
    Missiles feel like a close range weapon now, I propose to bring their longer range back but heavily nerf their damage.
    I actually think they kind of suck because even IF you get into someones face with loml they all miss unless the enemy is a copter lol

Ions
    -Buff damage by 5%
    Ion is the second worst weapon of T5 rn... next to flak which takes the bottom spot...

Chain
    Chain still feels quite weak compared to lasers, this would also make them feel more like a chain gun.
    That would break the game lol... I feel like they need more accuracy/projectile speed... But they are in a better spot than ion is... I can at least 1v2 with shredder and win... Ion just isnt good in that regard...

Insect legs
    Say no more, they suck...
    Heavy cubes
    -Increase health to 2000
    As soon as F=ma comes out heavy cubes will be really bad due to their high weight, a health increase will give them a decent buff while still making them feel heavy.
    Yes so tank tracks will exist...
    Last edited by TheReD40; 02-11-2019 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReD40 View Post
    I actually think they kind of suck because even IF you get into someones face with loml they all miss unless the enemy is a copter lol
    Ion is the second worst weapon of T5 rn... next to flak which takes the bottom spot...

That would break the game lol... I feel like they need more accuracy/projectile speed... But they are in a better spot than ion is... I can at least 1v2 with shredder and win... Ion just isnt good in that regard...

Say no more, they suck...

Yes so tank tracks will exist...
    Ion just needs more shots. It gets 6 per bar which doesn't give it a chance to actually do damage. 5% wont do shit for it.

Chains are a meme idk what you're talking about. They're less of a meme than some weapons but lasers/rails can look at me and my 2 guns evaporate.

Insects need to stick to surfaces first and foremost. If they can't do that, they aren't worth using

Increasing heavy cubes to 2k wont fix tracks. Tracks can't reverse and turn properly on top of the terrain being made such that the best bots are ones that outright ignore it.

T4-T5 seeker
    -Nerf damage by 20%
    TBH, Lmol suck balls right now. I'm fine with their range and damage, the real problem is their accuracy, turn speed, and flight speed. They all suck. Maybe they wudn't suck so much if FJ decided to remove the lock on warning to targeted bots + the fact that u have to aim continuously for 3 seconds in order to get that lock.... The cons of this weapon are just too bad... Heck, drones just need to hug a wall and rockets will miss it like WTF?..... If anything, FJ needs to increase their projectile speed and turn speed. Their range and damage are fine....

On the side tho, this game cud really do with a real T4 and T5 version of the Protoseeker.... This wud make the current meta builds that abuse thruster spam dispensary completely. Maybe increase energy consumption a little bit(now that T3 have a smaller cpu cap).

Plasmas
    -Nerf damage by 5%
    Plasma damage is still quite high and causes them to outperform ions as the primary close range weapon.
    i wud agree, but plasmas need something more than a mere 5% damage nerf... The size of the explosion shud scale inversely with the distance traveled by the plasma.. So firing it at point blank range wud create no explosion....

Ions
    -Buff damage by 5%
    To get them out of plasmas shadow.
    A mere 5% buff won't fix anything, unless plasma is also nerfed by 5%. What Ions really need is 30% less energy consumption AND 50% rate of fire increase...
    Another suggestions is to make the Ions act as a shield when firing.. the ions fired distort enemy projectiles that they hit.. protecting the player from such attacks. That means weapons like plasma and lmol wud be less effective against ions at close range... if u time ur shots well.... lasers and other damage-over-time weapons will still have a better chance of killling u over plasmas...��

Chain
    Wud agree if it doesn't affect energy consumption.... This weapon needs a buff especially for its CPU cost and its weight... With f=ma, builds using this gun wud be pretty slow, so.....

Insect legs
    -Buff grip
    -Buff carry capacity
    Insect legs are currently quite bad due to their low grip and carry capacity, and increase in these stats would make them more able to climb inclines.
    Agreed. They need to stop sliding down walls.... Also reduce their size a bit... Also, Ctrl key shud instantly prevent all movement and make accuracy 100%.. wud be worth building an insect sniper then.. Perhaps adding that lean function as suggested by some good fellow in another thread, we cud have a really good use for these legs then...

Heavy cubes
    -Increase health to 2000
    Agreed. Heavy cubes really suck balls right now... Also nerf normal cubes a bit and increase the weight of compact Tx-1 cubes to 100-200Kg or just get rid of them altogether(may b move to TM)....