Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ranking loss for top player on a losing team.

There should be no ranking loss for the top member of a losing team, and no ranking gain for the bottom member of a winning team. This will alleviate much of the rage over bad matchmaking. If you're the tragic hero on a bad team, you lose nothing. Conversely, dead weight on a good team would gain nothing.

I was wondering this same a long time ago. This is said to be a team game. So if you're in wrong team even if you're best of all 10 players you're punished. Which, as you said, is strange. I'm not sure if there's any use of points at the moment because there seem not to be any match making system now. ELO (was it the match making system?) was not perfect but it helped little to avoid these every second game massacres. It FJ would use it again, clans would fight with other clans only (which would be perfect). If ELO-system comes back FJ could compare every players achievent among his/her own team instead of just doubling the winning team points. For example 4 or 5 best in winning team would get points and last one not. From the losing team, if someone is much better than others in his/her team, he/she would get points also and the last one in winning team would not. And especially the total result would matter also. 100-0 would give extra points to winners to rocket them up in list so they would get better oppontents. 100-99 would make practically nothing. As a result best would soon fight with each others instead of wasting every ones time in combat with much weaker enemies.

Who cares about ranks anymore? ever since welfare prot-5 was implemented (no rank down once you get a new rank, plus you rank up after just a few games) and matchmaker was removed there's no point in having them. Hell, they don't even show anymore.
    I know this change would take them half an hour to implement, but whats the point? to enlarge the E-peen of below average players that can't rank up like everyone else?

There is no I in team

You should lose rank like everyone else because YOUR team failed.

also rank is for nerds.
    The game has less than 900 players and is dying and is kinda shit..
    So rank is meaningless... your top dog of the shit pile.. GG
    Last edited by catnium; 02-13-2019 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by catnium View Post
    There is no I in team

You should lose rank like everyone else because YOUR team failed.

also rank is for nerds.
    The game has less than 900 players and is dying and is kinda shit..
    So rank is meaningless... your top dog of the shit pile.. GG
    It is dying in part because mm doesn't match players according to skill. We had that chance to change that back when we had the ELO debate, w/l won out, MM continued to assemble mismatched teams, and players continued to leave. This was not the 'whole' reason players left I am sure, however if you match like skilled ayers together, I.e all lower skilled game =fun and all higher skill players =fun( overly simplistic), many sins (game imbalances) are overlooked. The way ELO worked for this game furthered the erosion of the player base, instead of recognized the uniqueness of RC and adjusting the typical ELO formula accordingly, it was a gigantic missed opportunity, mainly because players can't think outside the no "I in team" box.
    Last edited by elarma; 02-13-2019 at 01:25 PM.

No. If you cant carry, you dont deserve top rank!

Quote Originally Posted by kattekongen View Post
    No. If you cant carry, you dont deserve top rank!
    maybe instead of who wins/loses
    make it so that the position on the scoreboard counts
    so outscoring the other team would actually feel rewarding

then again... rank means nothing + you can easily stomp your way through to P-5 with a 5-man of O-K players.

I always thought this made sense in league.... If I top scored the whole other team even with double then you can say my team sucks... I have had games where despite losing and the other team getting doubled score I outscore all of them... But despite this I really don't care, back when we had league I cared... Nowadays there is no rank it doesn't really matter... All the robit prizes are equal too besides the double...

Quote Originally Posted by elarma View Post
    It is dying in part because mm doesn't match players according to skill. We had that chance to change that back when we had the ELO debate, w/l won out, MM continued to assemble mismatched teams, and players continued to leave. This was not the 'whole' reason players left I am sure, however if you match like skilled ayers together, I.e all lower skilled game =fun and all higher skill players =fun( overly simplistic), many sins (game imbalances) are overlooked. The way ELO worked for this game furthered the erosion of the player base, instead of recognized the uniqueness of RC and adjusting the typical ELO formula accordingly, it was a gigantic missed opportunity, mainly because players can't think outside the no "I in team" box.

Game has less than 900 players daily according to steam stats

it can't match you according to MM because there are no people to MM you with
    I keep getting matched with ai and nerds with no skill that i have to carry
    so quit whining we all suffer

You think it always had 900 players? The 'I' in team mentality is what lost players, that philosophy will continue to lose players as well.
    Last edited by elarma; 02-14-2019 at 04:21 AM.