Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    The return of the Tier system in its entirety, from T1 to megabot tier TX-1, together with tiered parts like 11 smgs, from t1 to msmg.

Old weapon mechanics like high damage one time use ony tesla blades, volley firing plasmas.

A team Deathmatch mode with 1 Megabot per team

Old Boss mode 1 vs 12(?)

Build restrictions to one Weapon type per build.

No auto repair in Tdm

Old CPU mechanic

One tidbit you didnt mention: AI bots should pick from a predetermined set of bots rather than randomly picking some off the CRF.
    Like you mentioned, the CRF is flooded with garbage, so the likelyhood of a decent bot being plucked out of there is slim. Thats part of WHY they universally score so low (the other part is the abysmal AI and pathing they use)
    `
    I also advocate the removal of damage penetration systems supplemented by carefully monitored damage buffs. Part of why i stay out of T5 is because of the popularity of T5 rails. Id rather not face enemies i cant do jack shit to protect myself from, short of staying out of firing range, in pretty much every match. D-pen was implemented specifically to combat the Tesseract drones, which are dead due to the double-edged sword of Cube normalization (Id say it was more beneficial than harm) At this point, with the changes to speed boost, part health, and the upcoming F=MA updates id say we can shelve that, at least for a while to see how we do without it.
    Side note, Id like Hitscan rails back. ill take an additional minor accuracy nerf for it. Hitting targets at range, especially small targets, is wonky.

What is Hitscan,btw?

Quote Originally Posted by statichargefield View Post
    What is Hitscan,btw?
    Hit scan is instantaneous Vs projectile which has traveling time. If you imagine a red line sent where your crosshair is aimed a hit scan weapon would reach any length instantly (some games add a millisecond delay for animation and realism).

Quote Originally Posted by statichargefield View Post
    What is Hitscan,btw?
    what is google?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitscan

let's not de-"rail" into a thing about hitscan.

now.. what fedora said is quite true, and as i find myself playing crossout, spore, and various other games that give similar options of creativity, and player design. i do dislike how R/C compares to these other games, especially crossout, now if we ignore the grind in crossout, crossout gets that feel of post-apocalyptic wasteland, just right with underlying story, though ill save that for another thread.
    i am here to talk about R/C, and as a game in general... it's really suffering right now, and unlike what fedora said... the devs DO listen, though not to the right people most often *stares at that single thread that killed chains*, an example of devs listening was that little annoying #hashcode chat update behind your name, and it was reverted in record time, so fast some players didn't even notice it existed.
    now... for 8v8ts, the main reason why i was drawn to crossout, is that the larger maps, and larger team-sizes, felt really similar to my days in the olden R/C, (though i had not the time to touch the "golden-age" as i only joined in mid 2016)

also, hey fedora, guess who dis is :P

You didn't even list other issues like building matters less or the mega weapon meta spam and CRF killing diversity and creativity. But none the less i agree with pretty much what you said so +1 from me - they don't listen they and they cut their own tree branch ...

Quote Originally Posted by HerrVonClaussen View Post
    One tidbit you didnt mention: AI bots should pick from a predetermined set of bots rather than randomly picking some off the CRF.
    Like you mentioned, the CRF is flooded with garbage, so the likelyhood of a decent bot being plucked out of there is slim. Thats part of WHY they universally score so low (the other part is the abysmal AI and pathing they use
    AI bot choice is so bad it would be considered trolling if a real player brought such bots. Add to that that capping points is the lowest priority on their list and they never contest and you have a recipe for frustration. Making it worse still is that they have complete hemispherical vision and so the interesting playstyle choices involving sneaking around and tactical positioning are rendered obsolete. You can't sneak past a group of enemies marching in the other direction if two of them instantly see you and start firing.

AI need to have a small selection of decent bots, a change in prioritisation and a field of view. Right now they're ruining gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocide_ View Post
    AI bot choice is so bad it would be considered trolling if a real player brought such bots. Add to that that capping points is the lowest priority on their list and they never contest and you have a recipe for frustration. Making it worse still is that they have complete hemispherical vision and so the interesting playstyle choices involving sneaking around and tactical positioning are rendered obsolete. You can't sneak past a group of enemies marching in the other direction if two of them instantly see you and start firing.

AI need to have a small selection of decent bots, a change in prioritisation and a field of view. Right now they're ruining gameplay.
    the amount of times i think im safe, and decide to auto-heal behind a rock, and an ai, *which if it were a normal player, not notice me, and it runs around, and now i have to kill the AI, and that attracts a normal player... you can fill in the rest.
    AI do need a bit of a re-work, Preset bots would be a great thing, so they stop getting newbie builds off the darned CRF.
    (a quick bot competition made by FJ would help with that, but.. *stares at FJ* DON'T make it on darned twitter, im not making a twitter account ill never use to join a bot competition)
    Rules:
    bot must be uploaded to the CRF, the bot must contain (Code made by FJ) in front of the name, example: DB41 (AI bot)
    bot must not contain more than one loadout slot,
    bot must not contain any combination of movement types | Acceptable designs: Pure mech, Pure hover etc...
    bot must not contain any flying movement parts, wings, heliblades, thrusters etc...
    bot must be in the cpu range of 1,500 <---> 2,000

Quote Originally Posted by K1RYU View Post
    let's not de-"rail" into a thing about hitscan.

now.. what fedora said is quite true, and as i find myself playing crossout, spore, and various other games that give similar options of creativity, and player design. i do dislike how R/C compares to these other games, especially crossout, now if we ignore the grind in crossout, crossout gets that feel of post-apocalyptic wasteland, just right with underlying story, though ill save that for another thread.
    i am here to talk about R/C, and as a game in general... it's really suffering right now, and unlike what fedora said... the devs DO listen, though not to the right people most often *stares at that single thread that killed chains*, an example of devs listening was that little annoying #hashcode chat update behind your name, and it was reverted in record time, so fast some players didn't even notice it existed.
    now... for 8v8ts, the main reason why i was drawn to crossout, is that the larger maps, and larger team-sizes, felt really similar to my days in the olden R/C, (though i had not the time to touch the "golden-age" as i only joined in mid 2016)

also, hey fedora, guess who dis is :P
    Also notice the terrain of the maps in X-out... the maps are pretty wide and broad, and there are gentle slopes for the most part of the maps.. That's the reason cars(wheeled vehicles) can move so freely and focus on their firing more. RC's maps, on the other hand, are just so congested and full of obstacles that u can barely drive a car without crashing into walls or steep slopes... How are u supposed to take any advantage of a car's speed on a map where u can't even make a 180 to escape without slamming into terrain... That's the reason hovers and sprinters are OP metas right now.... The mars maps, imo, are the best for cars if u ask me as there is pretty much a lot of open spaces for u to drive without looking. FJ needs to look into broadening the maps and removing unwanted obstacles to make it easier, after the F=ma update..