Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Damage routing for a noob

hello, before i loose any hope with lightcube can someone answer these 3 questions ?
    Last edited by Madmax93#5801; 09-17-2018 at 08:00 PM.

Because you specified Mega Rail, this will mean it depends entirely on what the rest of the structure looks like.

In all 3 scenarios, the numbers can be anything.

Assuming that none are the cubes are connected close enough to distribute damage to the other cubes not shown to be connected in the pictures, each block in the line of the shot (up to 3) should get an even 1/3 of the damage. Rail always applies damage to three points in it's path in quick succession, to create a "piercing" effect.

That means in scenario 1, A, B and C should each take 1/3 of the damage that the rail gives out.

Scenario 2 is the same, although I think there's a distance limitation between successive damage applications (I'm pretty sure it's more than 1 or 2 blocks though).

Scenario 3 will cause A and C to each take 1/3, with the last third being applied to the block in between block A and C. B will not be touched since it is physically detached from all the damage inflicted by the rail shot.

I am using outdated information though, so someone else should confirm this instead of taking my statement as fact.

Yup, assuming the premise that none of the blocks will transfer damage to one another, you are correct

I think that these answers need simplifying for no kid in your target audience of Robocraft would get this.

I made some pictures to show where how much damage is done. As a rule of thumb, rails impact in 3 locations in one line. https://imgur.com/a/6uKmZvx

Thank you for your answer. ok then I will stop trying and go full brick. 1 layer penetration 50/50 seems fair for me but 2 layers penetration in pur straight line 33/33/33 your only hope is speed this is sad.
    Last edited by Madmax93#5801; 09-18-2018 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Madmax93#5801 View Post
    Thank you for your answer. ok then I will stop trying and go full brick. 1 layer penetration 50/50 seems fair for me but 2 layers penetration in pur straight line 33/33/33 your only hope is speed this is sad.
    You mind rephrasing that?

I mean, that's what Rail is now. The penetration is there to counter certain bots.

Quote Originally Posted by Madmax93#5801 View Post
    hello, before i loose any hope with lightcube can someone answer these 3 questions ?
    Asuming all blocks are not interconnected outside the picture.
    As far as I know rail dmg is split into 3 shots in fast sequence with each 1/3 dmg. (not sure if this is more for mega rail.)
    I guess the dmg distribution in situation 1 and 2 are the same.
    Since initial shot dmg (3x 1/3) of mega rail is high enough to destroy the block the dmg will be 1/3, 1/3, 1/3.
    Situation 3.
    This one is more complex.
    Asuming that megarail follows 3x 1/3.
    Block B is not connected to any other block. So it won't take any dmg.
    Block A will take the first 1/3 dmg. Block A will be destroyed and all rest dmg will travel up to the other 2 prisms.
    The block between block A and C (lets name it block D) will take the second 1/3 dmg shot. Like block A block D
    gets destroyed where the rest dmg will travel down to the other 2 prisms.
    Block C will take the 3th 1/3 dmg and basically the same will happen. Dmg will travel to the full cube behind it.
    If megarail shot is like 5 times 1/5 dmg almost the same will happen. Only block C will take 3/5 of the dmg. Since
    you lose 1/5 to block A and 1/5 to block D.
    However this is purely speculated since I don't know the exact mechanics of the megarail.
    Last edited by Shaon2#7461; 09-22-2018 at 12:50 PM.