Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hard1disk View Post
    So, if i sit under a rock, it's more dramatic than if i'd find myself in front of an enemy.
    And a question: "lose the Energy generation" it means i can not move from that place, but i can only shoot in enemies?
    The same energy bar used for weapons is burned through movement part usage in this suggestion (at 100/second per movement part). "Losing the Energy generation" means your Energy bar will not regenerate if you are under a rock (and only have solar panels).

So the only option will be to press the F key to enter that FLIP to get to where the sun shines.

Quote Originally Posted by hard1disk View Post
    So the only option will be to press the F key to enter that FLIP to get to where the sun shines.
    Your battery is charged when the solar panels are in sunlight, and it is drained when you move or fire a weapon. If you use solar panels and move through e. g. the cavern of Ophiuchus Valley, it will keep draining your remaining energy per movement part and not recharge by itself. So eventually if you run out of energy in there, then yes, you must "flip" yourself out of there. A tilt drone could not operate too long in such a dark environment because of all the movement parts and automated orientation involved in its control.

Quote Originally Posted by K1RYU View Post
    herrmmm....

!!
    maybe...
    yeah....
    Power generators for each Tier

T1: takes up a 1x1x1 space, 10 cpu cost and is the same hp, and weight as a light cube, provides energy for bots up to 100 cpu
    T2: takes up a 1x2x1 space, 25 cpu cost, same weight, and hp as 2x med cubes, and provides energy for 350 cpu
    T3: takes up a 2x2x1 space, 50 cpu cost, and is the same weight a and hp as 4x Heavy cubes, provides energy for 500 cpu
    T4: takes up a 2x2x2 space, 100 cpu cost and has the same hp, and weight as 8x compact cubes, provides energy for 1,000 cpu
    T5: *basically the current power module* 3x3x3 space, same cpu cost, same hp, and weight stats as pow module, provides energy for 2,000 cpu
    (Megabots completely ignore the energy to cpu, but do gain extra energy from reactors placed in the mega)
    now... you can still build bots WITHOUT these energy generators, but you will have less weapon energy available for your consumption (as that power is used to keep your robot cpu)
    this also lets people build tanky, have a reactor blown out, and still fight, and escape,
    now.. if you have more reactors than needed, your bot gains extra energy, allowing you to fight more, and deal more damage (at the cost of tankiness, for you used up possible extra cpu for armor)
    Honestly i like ur idea better, along with TheSolipsist's for protonium reactors(or such).
    Wud make some useful balance changes and re state how they wud work tho:
    Protonium Power Generators: Automatically generate and store energy for ur bot.
    >>Base energy storage per bot--->12000 approx<---Note This is the amount that RC bots currently have.
    Bots will have base regen speeds:100/sec.

Protonite Energy Generators (Note: all values linearly stack):-
    T1: 1x1x1 space; 20 CPU cost; energy regen rate:40/sec; Weight: 0.3KG;
    T2: 1x1x1 space; 40 CPU cost; energy regen rate: 80/sec; weight: 1Kg;
    T3: 2x2x2 space; 50 CPU cost; energy regen rate: 110/sec; energy storage:+200; weight: (10X8/2=)40kg;
    T4: 2x2x2 space; 85 CPU cost; energy regen rate: 250/sec; energy storage:+550; weight: (25X8/2=)100kg;
    T5: 3x3x3 space; 100 CPU cost; energy regen rate: 500/sec; energy storage:+1000; weight: (1000X9=)9000kg;

Energy Module: Instanly regenerates 6000 Energy, requires a long cool-down and will take up a weapon slot.

Why i did the above:-
    Basically, things wud be easier to read and understand(hopefully).Basically, all bots regardless of tier, wud have maximum energy as 12000 and a base energy regen rate at 100 energy/sec.
    This is too low and won't be suiteable for combat. Adding Power generators wud increase the regen rate.

T1 and T2 Generators are very light and compact, best suited for small tier bots and light aircraft. Provide a decent energy influx of 1:1 energy/sec to CPU ratio. Spend 300 CPU on these cubes and u wud have 300+100 energy/sec influx. this wud be sufficient for small tier bots where 750 CPU wud be the limit. These cubes are extremely light and occupy the least space, allowing them to also be best used on aircraft and drones, where small form factor and speed play a major role.

T3 and T4 Generators are larger, and heavier, but provide more than just larger energy production efficiency, they provide an increase in energy storage. This wud make them useful on medium ground vehicles. T3 Generators have an energy to CPU ratio of 2.2:1-->they are heavy, but still lighter than T4 generators, making them useful for medium ground units like hover tanks and sprinter mechs/insects and even on larger aircraft like choppers and bombers. T4 Generators wud be more useful on medium to heavy ground units like mechs, tanks and cars. The ratio is 2.9:1 and they provide more than twice the amount of extra energy storage. Regarding hovers, only very heavy hovers wud be able to make effective use of it. Flak tanks and medics wud find this the best option.

T5 Generators. As if T4 wasn't enough, T5 ones are the largest and heaviest of them all. They provide an astounding 5:1 energy/sec to CPU ratio! They also provide huge energy storage per generator(1000). They cost a lot tho, @100CPU a piece. Stacking 10 of these tho, wud give u an incredible 5100 energy/sec with total of 22000 energy. They incredible weight of 90000 kg wud mean that only very few builds wud use them, those being tanks and mechs, and they wud be slow. The perk tho wud be that they cud almost completely keep firing plasma.. making tanks much more worthy on the battlefield. These incredibly slow builds wud be the ultimate non mega enemies, to face...

The energy module wud remain as it is, providing the same energy that it does. This wud make them more useful on aircraft once heavy mechs and tanks realise they don't need energy modules to keep firing.

I like this idea, very cool

People don't even bother to build max cpu months after tiers were introduced. As much as I would like more complexity, this feature doesn't make sense with players this dumb.

I played a game that had generators, and coolers (not crossout), this is how they did it, and it worked well,
    1) everything you add uses energy
    2) after you add everything you want you select the correct size generator, obviously leaving room for said generator.
    3) if you under sized the generator you lost stability and moved slower than advertised speed. Stability loss meant losing quite a bit of accuracy.
    4) If your generator was destroyed in battle, it was the same as under sizing it.
    5) if you entered battle without a generator altogether it was muchnworse than losing it in battle, you were horrifically slow and accuracy was abysmal.
    They also had gas tanks, if you ran out of gas, you lost speed and stability, because tue generator had no fuel to run. If I remember, you could have the gas tank destroyed and not lose stability and speed as long as you initially put one on in the garage.
    The idea of generators and such are perfectly viable mechanics for game and do work, and work well, but I agree this player base wouldn't enjoy that level of thought to be put into a build.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemoncello View Post
    People don't even bother to build max cpu months after tiers were introduced. As much as I would like more complexity, this feature doesn't make sense with players this dumb.
    Or maybe I'm just not hardcore enough to ruin my robot's aesthetics to max out a single arbitrary stat in a game that randomly mutates its balance every month.

I've been holding back on this discussion for a bit but in frankness I like the idea overall. It makes sense that bots could invest CPU into power generation.

That being said, would you mind if I think through this concept and incorporate some things inspired by it into my sheets?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSolipsist View Post
    Or maybe I'm just not hardcore enough to ruin my robot's aesthetics to max out a single arbitrary stat in a game that randomly mutates its balance every month.
    Fine by me as long as you don't complain about anything else when driving a bad bot on purpose.