Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Post Dev Jam - Agility & CPU Progression System

I. Making Building Matter More!

A major physics overhaul factoring in F=MA (and inertia!) will launch next week.

The first selection of movement parts that will benefit from the agility and physics overhaul will be:
    - Rotors
    - Thrusters / Propellers
    - Hovers
    - Mech legs / Sprinter Legs

Other movement types will be adjusted to factor in the F=MA system over the next few updates.
    Each movement part is being adjusted individually to improve the overall feel of movement in Robocraft and make building matter more!

II. CPU Limits

To help new players settle into Robocraft we have reduced the initial CPU limit for garage bays.

Reduce the size and complexity of robots for new players.
    Give players a sense of incremental progression.
    Provide a long term use for Robits.

We are going to be changing the robot ranking scores and limits so lower tiers effectively have lower CPU limits.

A robot at the CPU limit for a new bay will still be effective in Tier 1 and gradually raises the size and complexity of robots that players can build as they progress.

III. Individual CPU Limits for bays

Each garage bay will have its own CPU limit and will start at 750CPU.
    Each bay can be upgraded individually up to a maximum of 2,000 CPU.
    In order to increase the CPU it will cost a number of Robits.
    Each upgrade will increase the CPU limit of each bay by a small amount.
    The Robits cost per upgrade from this gif are not representative of the final values and may be subject to change.

Note: click on that GIF for seeing in other fundal site and there you zoom in to your browser to see it bigger.

IV. Megabots

Once a bay reaches the normal CPU limit of 2,000, you can upgrade it once more to turn it into a “Max CPU” bay.
    Once you have done this, the bay can not be upgraded any further and you’ll be able to build robots in it to a CPU limit of 10,000.

NOTE: that even if you upgrade a bay to “Max CPU” it doesn’t mean that everything you build in that bay needs to be a Megabot.

V. Downloading Robots from the Factory under the new CPU progression system

If you have a bay that only has 1,000 CPU, you’ll be unable to download a 1,500 CPU robot until you upgrade your bay to fit the 1,500 CPU requirement of the bot that you’d like to download.

VI. Starter Bots

We have adjusted the starter bots and the modularized body builder so that they fall below the 750CPU limit for new players.

VII. Current bay CPU Conversion

We will be converting all current T1 - T5 active bays into a 2000 CPU bay.
    However if you have a Megabot in a garage bay, that bay will be converted into a Max CPU bay.

VIII. Making Robits meaningful

The CPU progression is just one upgradeable feature that players will be able to spend their Robits on.
    Over the coming weeks we’ll be sharing more details on new types of uses for Robits.

IX. Cosmetic Credits Turning Into Cosmic Credits

During the next update we will be renaming cosmetic credits for all accounts into Cosmic Credits.
    While players will still be able to purchase cosmetic items with this form of currency.
    We’re also going to be allowing players to purchase Robits with Cosmetic Credits.

Information taken from here.

Wait.... what ?
    I need green dust now to make a build ?
    And that's supposed to give me a sense of progress?
    how about you just made the game a grind fest that slows my progress.

in the immortal words of that 1 blizzcon guy:
    Is this some early april fools joke ?

so what ... i'm just supposed to fill up 100 bays with 10k worths of blocks now for when that patch hits ?
    so i can at least get some wiggle room with bays.

this is sad ..

makes me wanna uninstall the game tbh.

i'm not even joking... as a new player you made me play for weeks with no limits and now your saying i need to go grind just because you can't find a use for your green dusts ?

n..no...
    just no..
    Last edited by catnium; 02-07-2019 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by catnium View Post
    wait what ?
    i need green dust now to make a build ?
    in the immortal words of that 1 blizzcon guy:
    Is this some early april fools joke ?

Ima hovering my finger over the uninstall button as i'm reading.

Totally not in for grinding a ton silly green dust vs bloody ai in lower tiers for weeks just to get my t4 and t5 builds back
    No ty

Good bye.
    Are you too lazy to grind robots? Robits which you get after every battle and this is too dificult for you or what? Is this really a reason to uninstall the game?

I think this is an good improvement for newer players to learn the building mechanics better. It also stops the stupid 2k bots in t1 and 2 and perhaps in t3.

The Physik overhaul is a needed thing.. Finally freejam take care about the building aspect in the game with both bay progression and physics. BTW robits are so easy to grind... That's not even worth complaining

Oh hey! A use for Robits! Now I can actually optimize lower tier builds and new players have something to work towards. I still think skill-based rewards should come back though in order for this to truly work.

Nice to see thrusters are getting updated. As much fun as it is flying my thruster slab, thruster builds should get a nerf.

Thruster builds already suffered a 40% nerf over the last 8 months...

Some bots can take the semi-irrelevant "nerf" while other bots are made extinct by them. Don't let your feelings about one class of bots spill over into indifference toward the erosion that most planes have been made to endure.

Lol, why are some people protecting this? The grind in Robocraft was never meant to be about the bots, it was about the parts! You had to grind for a higher Tier SMG, a new kind of Weapon (tesla) or better building parts like cubes! And now we have to pay for our creativity? Now you are taking our building freedom as well?!NO THANKS.

Rather Listen to the feedback of us old players! Go back to T1-TX1, bring back tiered parts, from the t1 smg to the MSMG, increase map size and player count, bring the Protonium crystal tower back into the Battle Arena, allow 1 Megabot per team (maybe make it a new seperate mode) and add back the colourful Tier cubes with their own distinct armor and weight values.

LISTEN! The will of the loyal players is right here!

Quote Originally Posted by alonsyalonso View Post
    Are you too lazy to grind robots? Robits which you get after every battle and this is too dificult for you or what? Is this really a reason to uninstall the game?

I think this is an good improvement for newer players to learn the building mechanics better. It also stops the stupid 2k bots in t1 and 2 and perhaps in t3.

The Physik overhaul is a needed thing.. Finally freejam take care about the building aspect in the game with both bay progression and physics. BTW robits are so easy to grind... That's not even worth complaining

Lazy ?
    Dude im an adult
    I don't have time to farm your magic green coke.
    I could barely farm the 250 a week for the shop rotations "free" cosmetic's
    I need to spend most of my time on my 2 jobs and the family ..
    I can't just sit home and play games all day to farm for bay progression.

The only thing about this game that made it appealing to me was that is wasn't a massive grind fest.
    This game is dead to me now.
    Last edited by catnium; 02-08-2019 at 01:03 AM.

Thruster builds already suffered a 40% nerf over the last 8 months...
    No they didnt, in the second one FJ says they never actually nerfed thrusters the first time

After an error during the infinitisation update we noticed that speed boosts were not reduced after stating that they were. We’ve now reduced Speed Boost across the board by 20%
    ~FJ
    I don't have time to farm your magic green coke.
    I could barely farm the 250 a week for the shop rotations "free" cosmetic's
    Its not that hard, I have gotten almost 18 million robits since Infinity last year... and that's with not playing a game for a month of that time...

Plus just fill up your bays to 2001 CPU with blink module so that you don't pay one robit
    Last edited by TheReD40; 02-08-2019 at 01:49 AM.

This isn't a terrible idea, but it's certainly not perfect. The #1 change I would make would be implementing a hardcap on CPU for all tiers. There is no such thing as "effectively". If you want to cap CPU, then actually do it; I can't imagine a purely RR-based "CPU limit" working whatsoever, however you try to balance it. It's practically guaranteed to lead to either the intended CPU cap being nonexistent, or extreme overtiering being rampant. Either way, new players will be greatly outclassed.

Change the CPU caps for each tier to:

T1: 750
    T2: 1,000
    T3: 1,250
    T4: 1,600
    T5: 2,000

I'd also suggest giving all players 3-5 bays that increase their CPU automatically to match the above caps when players unlock any part of the corresponding tier on the tech tree, so that creativity and variety in bots isn't restricted too much early-game.

Balance bay upgrade costs so that they aren't overly expensive; making the costs too high will discourage building by restricting players to only a few bots.
    Last edited by Spirare; 02-08-2019 at 09:28 AM. Reason: "effectively" effectively doesn't exist

Also this makes sense in my opinion... Now I can't go straight to T5 from level 0 in two matches...