Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Post [w/100+ signatures] [oreo] Japanese contributors' opinion about this game - Jan 2019

This document consists with an inquiry on one assertion that obtained certain consensus among Japanese players (Article No.1), and several analysis and considerations (Article No.2-11). Therefore, this document will be extremely long.

At the very end of this text, you will see signatures of 109 people who wanted to post the player name out of the 118 Japanese players who concurred with the purpose of this document.

We are still accepting signature in this form. (You can see the list of newly added signatures from here.)

1. Back to a casual game
    2. How MMR did fail
    3. Whether the platoon contribute to the current situation
    4. Consideration about the BA2.0 - Continued
    5. Pointing out about the connection lag
    6. Pointing out about the UI
    7. Pointing out about the player feedbacks
    8. Pointing out about the system of debugging and support desk
    9. Pointing out about the information sharing
    10. Insufficiency of beginners support
    11. Pointing out about the instability of the game

Read the full document from links below:
    English: https://hackmd.io/s/SJc9zFPQ4
    Japanese(original): https://hackmd.io/s/Hke9UWP7E

---

Signatures(Alphabetical)

13turn
    2yen
    airou1117
    akidukikaede
    AKUSIROYO
    allbeknow
    Aluna_jp
    amatukitune
    anni_yuuki
    Aoi_nasuko
    Apalis
    Armorplate
    AuroraPrincess
    ayaginu
    Blackpit
    camaro3510
    Cubeeat
    daiki0911
    damegi0424
    DANSHAKUIMO
    DespotsThunderclap
    detokiko
    fix0110
    Flare105
    fromage
    frozen_merman
    funny_guy64
    ginchan1003
    harinertype
    hennessy
    hideka
    hinokapan
    Hoelderlin
    hora_man
    Hosi
    IGN000
    KageStyles
    Kamiki_HiyoKo
    kanabaka
    Karumaverse
    KATAYAKI
    koa0202
    kokekoruto
    konn41
    kuma8014pc
    LEoREo_2247
    lightacenoah
    madscience494
    mahiyu
    majyan.w
    MIKUSUABENO
    misosiru
    misosoup_of_NASU
    MofuMofu
    mondou0621
    nagachan
    naito456454545
    nakkaryo-n
    nanashimo
    nanazaki
    Nefilm
    NelBayasi
    NeoNuc2001
    NNMGK_
    nomiya
    NORISIO
    Northfox002
    NOVAD
    omiwatari1.3billion
    OnigiriAlga
    orisaEX
    pcunwa
    Popusu0730
    r_3001
    remika
    remurinsuko
    robo_713
    ryo10987
    satori9999
    Shimadius
    shunohara
    Stormbot0922
    sugisan885
    suzuryu
    syunto_8810
    takemuraryouma
    takoyakiteraria3
    task_tasuku
    tatari131
    Thermite626
    tome0702
    tomoyoung2
    tukudaniorizinaru
    tukuetoisu
    ukyakya
    uribou1031
    vcore98
    whiteface
    whiteface097
    xXkentixyanXx
    yamikara
    yasahu
    yootako
    yudaisuraimu
    yuto4423
    zoqsa0409
    zuiho_619

---

Authors: Nefilm, LEoREo_2247, omiwatari1.3billion, shunohara
    Acknowledgement: cerasus, kimoikoala
    English Translation: LEoREo_2247, yamikara
    Last edited by LEoREo_2247; 01-26-2019 at 02:26 PM.

well done 。:.゚ヽ(*∀`)ノ゚.:。

+1
    I am convinced that it is a valuable opinion worth considering.
    It is an important content related to Robocraft's foundation, the way it is a game, and the survival of Robocraft.
    I absolutely want to avoid merely that this game with an excellent fundamental concept goes to ruin.
    Let 's learn from the history and consideration of this game, and discuss what is a game that can be enjoyed.

+1
    A really well written article, but I fear it is already to late 4 robocraft...

+1. The last hope.

Well articulated thoughts. I can support nearly all of this, but these particularly caught my attention:
    • Platoons originally capped at 3 (4 for premium players wasn't the best idea for FTP game)
    • Larger team sizes were good
    • Too much emphasis on MMR (the game was healthier when levels were earned by experience and didn't even exist)
    • Short TTK decreases ability of many players to contribute meaningfully
    • Over-agility of many bot types

I personally think matchmaking bot vs bot was more effective than player vs player. Multiple loadouts has increased the difficulty of implementing an effective matchmaking algorithm of that type.

I liked the old ranked match system. Every 10 minutes the queue would become ranked. If you were in queue in that minute, you were in a ranked match. All other matches were regular play. Don't want to be in a ranked match, just stay out of queue for a minute.

+1 I hope Freejam will react or Robocraft will finally die in 2019. Sadly the average player number is under 1000 for first time (in January 2019) https://steamcharts.com/app/301520

+1
    These are very important, but do not forget that there are other problems as well.
    For example, it is a glass cube and the achievement of unavailability of Steam and etc…

Robocraft is dying because there is no more competitivity like it used to be before. Without separate ranking matches from BA and competitivity in general, there is no more reason to start to build a good bot. Everyone builds nosense or artbots, there is no more competition. People likes competition, freejam should also have organized more "tournaments" or competitive events, with public leaderboards. For example, if Freejam didn't put a limit for the MMR people would have gone a lot past 3000. If there was a leaderboard of the top 100 players in the main menu or something like that new players or noobs would have seen that there is competition in the game and would have started to be incited to play ranked and try to reach high levels. Now, without a decent ranking system none enjoys the game for real. It's not only for veterans, it affects new players's experience too.
    Last edited by EnergyEngineer; 01-26-2019 at 04:46 PM.

The OP has some good points (lag, platoons, information sharing, etc), but I don't want "Back to a casual game" at all. I'm a 100% competitive player, and when I ask this game to be more competitive, I also ask that this game include a game mode for not competitive players too (don't be selfish).
    The game must be designed to be 100% suitable for competitive gameplay, ranked, tournaments, leaderboards, etc;... and include some modes for people who don't like competitive gameplay (never design the game for artbots and casual gameplay, and then add some fake competitive ranked mode).