Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up 2 Things That Are Ruining Current RC Matches

Hi. Please excuse my poor non-native English.
    I think the recent Robocraft matches are terrible. Most games ends with one-sided victory or defeat, and who can't take that any longer rage quits.
    I'm convinced that the reasons are as follows:
    ①Abolition of the hidden MMR
    ②Abolition of the system to prioritize platoons to be matched each other(platoon priority matching)

Because of ①, players are thrown into the same game regardless of individual skills. Beginners are getting killed by other players over and over, and advanced players have to carry out the games alone. There is no fun for each other.

② is more terrible. Imagine the situation in which 5-man platoon and 5 solo players matched in Battle Arena. Which one can carry the game more advantageously?
    The platoon may have mutual communication by voice chatting and also may be sharing strong meta bots with each other.
    On the other hand, the solo players side may have mutually unknown bots. And there is a possibility that it may not be understanding what kind of strategies that teammates are thinking.
    It can be said that it's nearly impossible for the solo players side to win the battle as long as there is large difference between the platoon and the solos in strength.

Freejam, If you are willing to improve the game experience even a little, you should return these two systems immediately.

I am the same idea. The power balance of the team is not equal, only unilateral games are boring. You should improve matching systems as he says. It should take precedence over shortening matching waiting time.

Quote Originally Posted by kimoikoala View Post
    I am the same idea. The power balance of the team is not equal, only unilateral games are boring. You should improve matching systems as he says. It should take precedence over shortening matching waiting time.
    Yes. Even if various other problems are solved, the game is still boring due to this problem I think.
    Last edited by shunohara; 01-26-2019 at 03:34 PM. Reason: typo

How long of a wait time would you be willing to wait for more balanced teams?

Quote Originally Posted by elarma View Post
    How long of a wait time would you be willing to wait for more balanced teams?
    In My Opinion, about 1 minute will be OK, even 2~3 minutes too. If the search takes more than 3 minutes, the previous matching system has lowered its platoon priority. So if the system revives, the time for matching should not be so bad.

I have anywhere from 10 second to 5 minute wait times, sometimes I have to re-queue all together. I think there are some tweaks they could do. I have seen MM put two 2-person Platoons on one team and the other has all solo. There are other combinations as well but that one shows a little bit how MM works. To me the entire enemy team was formed then an opposing team was searched for, or MM found 10 players and essentially randomly assembled the two teams where the two platoons were on the same team by luck. In the first case 10 players should be found in the queue using whatever criteria they use to 'match' players for one game, if there are multiple Platoons divide them evenly, same with healing potential.
    I don't think the second instance should happen if it works like that, with the obvious exception of a full Platoon. I'm not saying thisnis how it works but there are only a few reason why there would be 2 two person Platoons on one team and no Platoons on the other.
    I'm confident if we knew how the MM worked we could both improve queue times and quality of games, with exception of a full Platoon as there isn't much you can do there unless they reduce the max size of Platoons to 3 and increase the size of the teams to at least 6.

In view of having AI in multiplayer, if there is a Platoon on a team, something less than 5, they should automatically get any AI needed to fill the remaining player slots, if AI is needed at all.
    Last edited by elarma; 01-27-2019 at 04:38 AM.

im in favor of the idea someone put on here earlier. add a toggle option under the multiplayer selection menu for "balanced matchmaking": or "fast matchmaking"

fast match making will throw AIs into the battle and considered unbalanced MMR and platoons in order to get matches going fast, but limits your platoon size to 3.

Balanced matchmaking can take 5 minuets or more but it ensures an even average MMR and prohibits 5 player parties from versing anything but other 4 or 5 player parties, (or 2+3 parties). it would have a higher consideration for average MMR of every party in the battle (and not individual players unless the player is solo) for match making.

i just read a huge thread that included mmr and why it doesnt work in robocraft, there are too many factors outside of a players machanical aim skill that will affect mmr such as them playing with differing bots of siffeing build quality that may up/de-rank them. Also the matchmaking plays a pivital role into this one sided affair, parties being the culpret, they take up whole teams and crush randoms most of the time. AI's suck and are only a problem because this game has recived terrible treatment via devs - why else would thousands of fans leave and not come back even for big updates. So i agree with you somewhat but again the playerbase is smaller than it's ever been and this is why we have not seen the return of party vs party matchmaking...
    Btw there is a system for players under a certain level to be matchmade only with other new players.
    Last edited by Chocolaboy; 01-28-2019 at 11:30 PM.

I wish we cud do away with 5 man platoons and have 3 as max size for them.

Quote Originally Posted by statichargefield View Post
    I wish we cud do away with 5 man platoons and have 3 as max size for them.
    I gave that suggestion a long time ago already. The answer was "We cannot do that as the change will have an effect on all game modes. It is a GLOBAL setting and therefor we cannot restrict platoons to a max of 3."
    Followed by the forever used excuse that it would require coding and they don't have enough coders.