Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by alive0001 View Post
    Haha I am the minor that already know this phenomenon, the seal clubbing interface some win/use ratio of statistic system and surveying system.
    And with your magic numbers u think the sealclubbing will stop? Why ?

I've played a few more games again today, just to came at it with fresher eyes, and its just as bad - if not worse. Last game, the MM pitted ground bots (and a poor rotor build) against 3 drones. Wiped out before the surrender timer counted down.

Another game saw one of those sprinter legs with 100 thrusters sticking out behind it that raced across the map in seconds blasting plasma bursts before running off. Before the update I didn't think I had seen any of those for months.

So I'm not sure what's happened, but the game is back to being broken. Sorry to have to say that, I can't even think that the update made this happen, but it has!

Congratulations on sucking all the fun out of playing rails. No-one asked for the accuracy on the move nerf. You could have done the usual +10% -10% bandaid fixes and the masses would have been placated all the same.

Laser - Buff. 2x less energy consumption.
    Plasma - Nerf. Lower max fire rate a bit.
    Rail - Leave as it is.
    Nano - Buff, Less energy consumption.
    AeroFlak - Buff, Nerf or leave as is.
    Seeker - Buff range. Nerf damage.
    Ion - No opinion.
    Chaingun - Buff. Increase rate of fire. Increase damage per sec slightly.
    Mortar - No opinion.
    Tesla - Leave as it is.

I also think that mega weapons should be ONLY as an alternative to T4 versions, that consumes much more energy, but also deals much damage. Simple as that.

The latest "balance" changes--which at least nerfed SMG a little bit, thank god--added more inaccuracy penalties to rail and smg for trying to fire while moving.

That sounds fine. But if you're using camera controls, you can take your hands entirely off the keyboard, move the mouse in order to aim, and your bot will rotate--which ruins your accuracy.

FJ, can you please think out your changes a little next time?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemoncello View Post
    Congratulations on sucking all the fun out of playing rails. No-one asked for the accuracy on the move nerf. You could have done the usual +10% -10% bandaid fixes and the masses would have been placated all the same.

When a bot like this can out-damage all other bots, including plasma, by a good 4x.... with a single rail... (and presumably not using aimbot - still not sure as identical bot on the same team outdamaged by 5x+) some kind of inaccuracy for movement isn't as bad a choice as it may initially seem.

However - the real kicker for rails isn't so much the accuracy as it is the top-end damage. It kicks like a mule and its still up there as a weapon.

So a little less sensitivity to movement wouldn't be a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by adinet View Post
    And with your magic numbers u think the sealclubbing will stop? Why ?
    Only 8vs8 can magically stop seal clubbing. The magic numbers of balance at least satisfies the losers being tricky defeated by diversities of different weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Axesor View Post
    Laser - Buff. 2x less energy consumption.
    whoah that's a bit too op. Lasers are still prominent despite the nerf because of their versatility and effectiveness.
    In my opinion, lasers should be more likely to lose when facing a specialized weapon used in its environment, yet they are stronger than ion and chs at close range and can still compete with rails (well, a bit less now) in terms of range. They make good anti-air too.

I still have to retreat whenever i use the chs against an smg, because by the time i hit the laser 20-somthing times with a gun that misses half its shots a point blank, I'm pretty much dead.

Shotguns do pack a punch, but waste way too much energy doing so. When using a ion-laser bot, despite being close range, i kept using the laser it's more efficient and more likely to hit.

Laser - leave as is
    Plasma - leave as is
    Rail - Get rid of no shot bug that happens randomly and it will be fine...
    Nano - Havent played
    AeroFlak - Buff in energy consumption, needs it
    Seeker - Leave as is
    Ion - Small buff to energy, but doesn't REALLY need it... Feels alright...
    Chaingun - Haven't played
    Mortar - Leave as is or buff, suffers a lot to plasma because it has to be on the ground
    Tesla - Haven't played

Also, love that the forums are getting attention now, thanks
    Last edited by TheReD40; 01-11-2019 at 10:14 AM.

@Developer: Could you post the range of each weapon? (and add it to the weapons in-game description too). It is an important factor in the balance equation, and I don't want to guess it.
    Edit: And post the range/distance of the fog (distance where the robots are no longer visible)
    Last edited by Predatore64; 01-11-2019 at 12:35 PM.