Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Weapons Balance Feedback Thread 09/01/2018

Hi everyone!

A new update just went live and we want your thoughts on the weapon balancing. Do spend a little bit of time with the new update and once you have formed a good opinion, let us know what you think and if you have any suggestions.

The best way to provide us with data is to be as concise as possible with your feedback. I want to correlate all data and provide it straight to the team so they have true data to work with.

One way to do this would be to fill out a very simple generalised feedback form like below:

Laser - Buff, Nerf or leave as is
    Plasma - Buff, Nerf or leave as is
    Rail - Buff, Nerf or leave as is
    Nano - Buff, Nerf or leave as is
    AeroFlak - Buff, Nerf or leave as is
    Seeker - Buff, Nerf or leave as is
    Ion - Buff, Nerf or leave as is
    Chaingun - Buff, Nerf or leave as is
    Mortar - Buff, Nerf or leave as is
    Tesla - Buff, Nerf or leave as is
    Energy Usage - Lower energy consumption, increase energy consumption or leave as is

This would actually provide me with very focused feedback and I can put this into a chart to show to the team.

Weapon balancing is a very difficult process, This new system of feedback will give us a greater understanding to improve the game further with your help.

Do remain civil, express your thoughts constructively without being offensive

All the best,
    ReelBigKris

weapons related:
    Laser - Leave - Shift tiers up 1 tier. T4 should be T5, T5 should be TM.
    Plasma - Nerf - Shift tiers up 1 tier. T4 should be T5, T5 should be TM.
    Rail - Nerf - Should be closer to old Impalers. High damage, low efficiency. - Shift tiers up 1 tier. T4 should be T5, T5 should be TM.
    Nano - Buff
    AeroFlak - Buff - Remove stack mechanic. Buff base damage.
    Seeker - Leave - Choose a less annoying lockon tone. Look up what Lockon tones sound like. (You have a siren, when a buzzing sound will do)
    Ion - Buff
    Chaingun - Buff
    Mortar - Buff
    Tesla - Buff

Reduce ALL Mega weapons health significantly.

Other changes that are not patch or weapon related:
    Hovers - Remove The ability to boost hover height with a very low mounted hover on a stick
    Light Cubes - Buff health
    Heavy Cubes - Buff Health Significantly.
    Tank Tracks - Re-add Camera Control Front direction Bias so you don't switch orientation looking back. Buff Health
    Compact Cubes - Set to 2 CPU, 2K HP.
    EMP - Set so the AOE is upside down Conical to better target Air units.
    Sprinters - Reduce "Stop" after jump.
    Mechs - Buff health of bigger legs
    Wheels - Fix it so it doesn't collide with the Mining Platforms.

Ok, I'll be in short:
    1) Laser - leave as it is.
    2) Plasma - nerf dmg 20-25%, or nerf firerate to 1.5 per second on each.
    3) Rail - nerf dmg 5%.
    4) Nano - buff "dmg" 10%.
    5) AeroFlak - buff dmg 25-30%, same energy consoption.
    6) Ion - need slightly less energy consoption per shot.
    7) Chaingun - Buff dmg 10%, and higher firerate with the same energy consoption.
    8) Mortar - leave as it is.
    9) Tesla - buff dmg 10%.
    10) Energy consuption - leave as it is.
    11) PSK - leave as it is.
    12) Loml - slightly dmg nerf 5-10%.

TTK is pretty low now, suggesting buff hp on each cube, proper balancing hp on struts and plates by "HP per CPU".
    Movement parts is really important, so having them go away by oneshot isn't a good descigion to having fun in matches.
    Requesting hp buff on all movement parts except thrusters and Mega legs by 20%.
    Also, try to fix some issues with sprinter legs, they're not jumping forward properly, they need slightly hp buff. Thats it for me. Oo

(I'll copy here what I wrote in the thread.)
    Last edited by Grigerbest; 01-09-2019 at 12:14 PM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by reelbigkris View Post
    Hi everyone!

A new update just went live and we want your thoughts on the weapon balancing. Do spend a little bit of time with the new update and once you have formed a good opinion, let us know what you think and if you have any suggestions.
    ReelBigKris
    I assume this means more than 10 minutes? (this goes to other commenters, you literally answered 6 min. after the thread was made.)

(I will update this comment with my own opinions once I get home and have played the game a bit. Very exited to try the less meta weapons.)

Update!

Played my "first impressions" with a Chains/Rail Mech (only like 6 games so this is more about how it feels than numbers)
    -Predicting correctly and spinning chains beforehand means you can win 1v1s against msmg more consistently, which, i imagine is how its supposed to be
    -rails feel better than before update, the inaccuracy mechanic is good, but i still feel too powerful when at melee range. Personally i would up the inaccuracy even more when moving, but not when continuously firing, to make them weaker up close, when you need to move around a lot.
    -Plasma is not that much more powerful than before, and getting rekt by it might be more about my playstyle than the balance. Getting hit by a volley was always painful.

Of course, a lot of players are probably experimenting with new builds/weapon combos right now, so I can't really say if anything is too op, since im not really facing any "metabots." As for energy consumption, chains have been fine before, they are still fine, and rails, depending on how they are balanced when it comes to other numbers, can remain as they are, or could maybe do with more energy consumption.

Overall first impressions are positive, and I'm exited to see where the meta takes me. Once i finish forming a complete opinion, i'll put it in a list like the one mentioned on the post.

Also as a fellow player, to get more info I would like to ask others to mention what weapons/bots you played, and what you played against!

(The next weapons i want to test are missiles, shotguns and smgs, also more movement types)
    Last edited by Cucumbertomato; 01-09-2019 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cucumbertomato View Post
    I assume this means more than 10 minutes? (this goes to other commenters, you literally answered 6 min. after the thread was made.)

(I will update this comment with my own opinions once I get home and have played the game a bit. Very exited to try the less meta weapons.)

yes, It is important to try out the update for a decent amount of time. It at least gives us a base to work towards

Plasma with more damage / energy than smg ? what a good idea , so when two ground bot fight now plasma don't only have the alpha strike advantage , it also have the sustain advantage .

M-smg worse than M-railgun and Loml . They have the same damage / energy than LOML ( a weapon that use 0 skill ) and have slighty higher damage / energy than M-railgun (52.2 vs 48.2 ) but no penetration and less projectile speed , even in close range railgun are doing a better job than smg ...

Ground vs air : welcome back to ground hell , let me explain:

Now when you move you lose a lot of accuracy with railgun . smg are now also less effective than plasma . So now quick question , what is small , can fly , is hard to hit , can fit plasma and was countered by railgun and smg ? Drones ...

Nano are still UP but it's better that way anyway

chain T5 are in a good spot and probably one of the best weapons now (they still suffer from their huge size)

Side note : nerf T-x cube , they are op , 1000hp/cpu and allow you to build really small ? i can build small sturdy build and have only a small life difference with 2K cpu T5 build .
    They should have 800hp/cpu (so 2400hp ) no more .
    Buff light cube , they have 0 purpose because they are an inferior version of T-X , put them to 850hp
    Nerf Big weapon life : 1000hp / cpu for most of them except chain (because they are huge ) and mortar (because you can only fit one )

Laser - Buff : put them to their value before this patch
    Plasma - Nerf : put them to their value before this patch
    Rail - leave as is
    Nano - Buff : 5%
    AeroFlak - leave as is
    Seeker - Nerf : put them to their value before this patch
    Ion - leave as is
    Chaingun - leave as is
    Mortar - leave as is
    Tesla - leave as is

TLDR : you just had to buff all the weapon by 5% with exception of plasma , laser , railgun and "seeker" weapons to improve the balance . now you just have to revert the value of Laser, plasma and "seeker"

It's not even worth the time to test any further:

Imagine that.

Just leave some simple feedback first. (・∀・)つ

Weapon:
    Laser - More accuracy penalty while moving, almost no penalty at all currently
    Plasma - Nerf 5% - 10% damage
    Rail - Faster accuracy recovery after moving, instead of standing still for 2 seconds, and should not be more than 1 second
    Nano - Bring back nano beam
    AeroFlak - Faster projectiles and buff 10% - 15% base damage
    PSK - Leave as is
    LOML - Nerf 5% - 10% damage
    Ion - Leave as is
    Chaingun - Leave as is
    Mortar - Leave as is
    Tesla - Leave as is
    Energy Usage - Leave as is

Movement:
    Sprinter / Mech Leg - Heavier and cannot be carried to air easily by rotors etc
    Thruster / Hover - Extra building box for air zone, like RC Infinity, you did that in RCI means you also know it should be fixed, right?
    Rotor - Nerf CoM assist, not hiding a stack of pancakes behind bots
    (FJ fix the game, and players fix their bots)

Cube:
    Compact Cube - 3CPU with 1.8k HP & 3KG, the current version is too OP for encapsulating high HP and lightweight at the same time

Other:
    Return to 8vs8 or 10vs10, and platoon size should be smaller than half of the team, 3 for 8vs8 or 4 for 10vs10

...Maybe updated (゚∀゚ )
    Last edited by RayNGC; 01-10-2019 at 09:04 AM. Reason: (゚∀゚ )

I'm happy that they are doing something to cut down on the overpoweredness of lasers. They appear to be good weapons now, but not too overpowered. The problem now is that plasma, the one weapon that was balanced IMO, is now a little TOO strong in it's T5 version, making ot more attractive to play a hover than it was before. Next, they need to give a buff to cubes, shields and movement parts as a whole to make building a tanky bot viable again and raise the overall time it takes to kill another bot. Hopefully they add this alongside the mass update so it doesn't cause an explosion of super-tough drones though. I'm surprised they didn't nerf the mega rail and plasma. Especially the rail. The power gap between T4 and T5 rails is far larger than the gap between T4 and T5 plasma and laser IMO. They should also find some way to make certain movement parts like treads and insect legs viable again. Insect legs should be able to stick firmly to the roof of the cave in Ophiuchus Valley instead of sliding down even the slightest incline, and treads lose control when reversing and are far too CPU-intensive to use over anything else in the game.

Freejam. You guys are missing the point ENTIRELY and you are killing your own game out of ignorance.

Bring back firerate changes within weapon class. Low tier weapons have lost all functionality. T1-T3 Smgs are useless without varying firerate , same with Nanos. Revert firerate changes within classes before you try to balance their raw DMG. The weapons types were all viable even at high tier battles which allowed for even gameplay without these boring as heck cool down periods where you are completely useless. All you have done is hurt the players with an IQ over 80 and slowed the game down to a boring and dull pace that will lose the interest of any new or old player.

SMGS/Rails/Nanos/ Should all have varying firerates within their respected class. Until this change is restored you have fatally damaged the creative construction and meaningful combat systems into a game that despite more content is overall a hollow shell of its glory days.