Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    How to build for TIER 1 and TIER 3 or TIER 5 💗

    Hello!

    This tutorial is for those who have just entered the RoboCraft game.

    link video


    Introduction:
    - how can you put a ROTOR upside down
    - how to protect a HOVER by building triforcing
    - how to protect a WEAPON by building triforcing
    - how to get a better view when shooting with MORTAR
    - how can you completely protect a HOVER
    - the number of weapons placed on a robot

    Info keyboard: the keys used
    ESC > CONTROLS
    - Mirror Build Mode
    - Move Mirror Line Left
    - Move Mirror Line Right
    - Move Robot Left
    - Move Robot Right
    - Move Robot Up
    - Move Robot Down
    - Move Robot Forward
    - Move Robot Back



    Tutorial for correct placement of shields and more...

    Video made by @Redlegdaddy - link video

    Introduction:
    - how can you protect your robot with 3 types of placing SHIELDS
    - how to protect all types of HOVERS by building triforcing
    - how can you put a ROTOR upside down and catch them with several RODS

    Info keyboard: the key used
    ESC > CONTROLS
    - Pick Target

    Advice:
    Quote Originally Posted by decondelite View Post
    To prevent damage from spreading from one shield to another using triforcing, not empty spaces.
    Like: CUBE EDGE or CUBE CORNER or CUBE EDGE SLOPE or CUBE CORNER SLOPE
    The information gathered from this topic - link topic



    Tutorial for protection of the weapon and hover by using ROD and more...

    Video made by @Redlegdaddy - link video

    Introduction:
    - how to protect yourself from LASER or PLASMA by building a TRIFORCING body
    - how do you protect your weapons and hovers by catching them with an ROD
    - how can you protect your ROD from inside

    The information gathered from this topic - link topic
    Last edited by hard1disk; 12-07-2018 at 03:10 PM. Reason: information 2 - retrieved from @Redlegdaddy

  2. #2
    Beginners building bad bots is more about not having access to the parts that allow them to build good bots. It's dumb to think otherwise!

  3. #3
    You can definitely use two tiers of the same weapon type.

    MSMG with Wasps, Nano Constructors with menders.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikelaw View Post
    Beginners building bad bots is more about not having access to the parts that allow them to build good bots. It's dumb to think otherwise!
    Sarcasm?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by cataphrat1 View Post
    You can definitely use two tiers of the same weapon type.

    MSMG with Wasps, Nano Constructors with menders.



    Sarcasm?
    No not really..... It's like giving two people the same task to build the exact same designed structure but one person can only use sugar glass and the other titanium. Then complaining to the dude that had to use sugar glass that his design is shit, even though it's exactly the same but he/she lacked the access to the same advantageous materials as the other guy. This is what the progression system and tiers represents, the problem is that people who gain access to titanium start bullying people that only have access to sugar glass. It's like the progression system is designed for assholes to exploit more vulnerable players.

    It's not a new players fault they are unfairly handicapped!

    It makes me wonder if the devs are real life assholes that think this behaviour is ok.
    Last edited by mikelaw; 11-29-2018 at 12:03 PM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelaw View Post
    No not really..... It's like giving two people the same task to build the exact same designed structure but one person can only use sugar glass and the other titanium. Then complaining to the dude that had to use sugar glass that his design is shit, even though it's exactly the same but he/she lacked the access to the same advantageous materials as the other guy. This is what the progression system and tiers represents, the problem is that people who gain access to titanium start bullying people that only have access to sugar glass. It's like the progression system is designed for assholes to exploit more vulnerable players.

    It's not a new players fault they are unfairly handicapped!

    It makes me wonder if the devs are real life assholes that think this behaviour is ok.
    A well built Tier 1 bot will do perfectly fine in Tier 4.

  6. #6
    With T1 lasers and no damage boost. lol you don't know what you're talking about.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelaw View Post
    With T1 lasers and no damage boost. lol you don't know what you're talking about.
    Why no damage boost?

    Tier 2 lasers are perfectly usable in Tier 1

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by cataphrat1 View Post
    Why no damage boost?

    Tier 2 lasers are perfectly usable in Tier 1
    Because as it stands damage boost is temporary until F=MA, no point in including it in any debate because it'll become obsolete. Does any new player have instant access to T2 lasers? Then you already have a problem.

    It's the difference between 2 exact same skill players using the same weapon type but different rarity. If they shot each other with the same accuracy at the exact same time, the player with the rarer more powerful weapon is going to win. That is bullshit, because both players should have had the same access and choice as each other for a fair competition.

    All the tier lasers are the same frigging weapon but the only real difference is the stats. Higher tier = better stats = bullshit unfairness in PvP. It stops becoming unfair when everybody has the same access.... NOT the same bot...... I mean the same access to parts in both quantity and quality!